Our Beagle World Forums banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Yeah! I hate it when they do that! With the dogs, I'm like 'Did I drop some kibble' but with the cat I'm like 'IS THERE A DISHWASHER MOUSE??????'

Mind you though, Xerxes can be a bit too sniffy sometimes...you do wonder what they're looking for.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Cassie can spend the day running around the yard "hunting" for those lizards. I hate those things..they lay eggs during the winter and they've been hatching. Now there's plenty for cassie to watch and go after.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Yech...a yard full of lizards. I can just imagine them darting all over the place!

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Quite big! Good snack right Cassie? /forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif
techie
She's on the hunt right now. Cassie seems to have located one and is waiting for it to move...i dont see it. They're about 6 or 7 inches and very fast.

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
They're ugly but harmless. They have one redeeming value...they eat bugs in the garden. And hey...they're free entertainment for Cassie...lol

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Cassie here.. Im in lizard heaven. It's very warm today and those suckers are everywhere. I'm watch'n and wait'n for one to cross my path. Im on it...crazy thing, they seem to know to stay away from my area but I can see 'um.

·
Registered
942 Posts
You've got this Cassie! Go hunt!

·
Registered
942 Posts
MOM! Come on! -Xerxes

·
Registered
942 Posts
I believe in you! You've got this Cassie! (Xerxes)

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
A huge beautiful mallard duck landed in our yard. Cassie was inside watching it through the sliding door and literally was shaking until it flew away.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Xerxes and Neb aren't particularly interested in birds. Every once in awhile a little sparrow will prove exciting, but a duck never has. Thankfully! I was worried that when Neb first came canoeing!

·
Registered
5,831 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Xerxes and Neb aren't particularly interested in birds. Every once in awhile a little sparrow will prove exciting, but a duck never has. Thankfully! I was worried that when Neb first came canoeing!
This was a huge colorful duck and too hard to ignore. They dive into my neighbor's pool. They come from a lake not far from here.

Attachments

·
Registered
942 Posts
I'm sure that close Xerxes would find some interest - we have a huge park near us with a giant pond/small lake (as well as a TERRIBLE zoo...if you heard about a capybara escaping a zoo in Toronto, I think it made international news, that's the High Park Zoo for you! Eesh...Neb likes the emus though, one pecked him on the nose once). ANYWAYS, there are always geese and swans along the paths by the giant pond and I live in fear of Xerxes becoming overly interested/baying at them and then getting attacked by large angry waterfowl. Geese are mean!

·
Registered
942 Posts
21 - 40 of 69 Posts