Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cassie ate her first lizard of spring then gave a good roll on what was left...they are fun entertainment for her but not for me...heehee

·
Registered
918 Posts
Yum yum yum! Heh

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cassie! Yuckers. Does she get sick on them?
She rolls it around in her mouth. Ive seen the legs handing out. After she kills it she rolls all over it. When she's done she leaves it. So far it doesnt seem to make her sick. It is gross to watch her. She'll spend hours watching a spot she thinks its gotten under.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
She rolls it around in her mouth. Ive seen the legs handing out. After she kills it she rolls all over it. When she's done she leaves it. So far it doesnt seem to make her sick. It is gross to watch her. She'll spend hours watching a spot she thinks its gotten under.
:faint:

·
Registered
918 Posts
The only comparator had is when I only had German Shepherds, and was raw feeding them. One Christmas I went away with my family (pre-Toby) and so I brought fancy meat for them, including fresh (well, for Toronto in December, but it wasn't frozen) skate wing and rainbow trout.

Teagan apparently didn't like fresh fish. But she'd carry the rainbow trout around the cabin and play keep away from anyone who tried to take it from her. She slept on it at night. Disgusting. After a few days, I managed to distract her with some green tripe and took the trout and gave it to Luc!

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The only comparator had is when I only had German Shepherds, and was raw feeding them. One Christmas I went away with my family (pre-Toby) and so I brought fancy meat for them, including fresh (well, for Toronto in December, but it wasn't frozen) skate wing and rainbow trout.

Teagan apparently didn't like fresh fish. But she'd carry the rainbow trout around the cabin and play keep away from anyone who tried to take it from her. She slept on it at night. Disgusting. After a few days, I managed to distract her with some green tripe and took the trout and gave it to Luc!
Rainbow trout? Yum, I wish I got that fresh fish..one of my fav fish.

·
Registered
388 Posts
My favorite is halibut. A nice thick roast. In the oven or on the grille with some butter and a little garlic. Mmmmm.

And of course salmon. Actually anything from the sea works for me.

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My favorite is halibut. A nice thick roast. In the oven or on the grille with some butter and a little garlic. Mmmmm.

And of course salmon. Actually anything from the sea works for me.
Yah, ALL that too!

·
Registered
388 Posts
And don't forget Surf and Turf!! You can't beat steak and lobster. Especially if it's all you can eat.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Well it was Christmas so I got them fancy fish. It wasn't a normal splurge!

(I'm veggie, so I would just randomly chose stuff, not knowing anything about meat - I've been vegetarian since I was 16 and never liked meat before that)

This whole eating lizard things though has put this video in my head:

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
And don't forget Surf and Turf!! You can't beat steak and lobster. Especially if it's all you can eat.
Unless you are in MD, in which case you get steak and cake. (crab cake) And thank you for this topic. We just had dinner a nice restaurant. My daughter asked me to bring her crab cake 'doggie bag' home. I left it in the car. Not that it isn't cold enough to stay out there, but I ran out and got in. YAY!

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Unless you are in MD, in which case you get steak and cake. (crab cake) And thank you for this topic. We just had dinner a nice restaurant. My daughter asked me to bring her crab cake 'doggie bag' home. I left it in the car. Not that it isn't cold enough to stay out there, but I ran out and got in. YAY!
Gosh
..crab cakes...that brings back memories when I was in nursing school...EVERY Friday that's what was served in the chow line at the V.A. Hospital... i never ate it...veggies and dessert instead. lol

·
Registered
918 Posts
One of our cats keeps staring at the area next to the fridge (between it and the dishwasher) and I'd swear there's nothing there but it's starting to get to me

·
Registered
5,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
One of our cats keeps staring at the area next to the fridge (between it and the dishwasher) and I'd swear there's nothing there but it's starting to get to me
Lol, i know what you mean. Cassie's been going frantic to find something under the umbrella stand. I finally bent it over with the umbrella so she could look...nonth'n... then she very very slowly tried to sneak up on a lizard that was on the other side of the fence. She's worked herself up so much so that her tongue is hanging out...this is what she'll be doing all summer.
Their noses are in control...heehee

1 - 20 of 69 Posts