Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this from a friend when I got Jersey. With all the new puppies here recently, I thought it would be good to post now.

You're my family now

I left my mommy and siblings to come stay with you.

I don't know why I couldn't stay with them but you're my family now.

With my other family I could growl and bark and nibble and mommy would carry me in her mouth.

Can I still growl and bark and nibble? Are you going to carry me in your mouth? How come no one looks like me here?

How come I can't go potty right over there in the corner, I could at my old house?

What do you mean I can't chew the couch? What is a couch anyway? Why can't I have that shoe?

All the rules are different here and everyone looks different, I am sort of scared here but you’re my family now. Will you take it slow and teach me the new rules because I can't learn real fast yet. Sometimes I might forget what I can and cannot chew, will you remind me nicely? And when I feel sad and miss my mommy will you rub my head and snuggle with me until I forget? I think I will like it here if you help me learn. Just remember I am trying and I don't mean to mess up...

I will always love you though because you’re my family now.

·
Registered
139 Posts
:heart:

·
Registered
58 Posts
That's great, thanks for posting. Its easy to forget they probably feel very lost sometimes.

And I think it works for puppies and for adult adoptions if you don't know the history behind the previous owners.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
there's no better way to put it !!!

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Awww--that's so sweet!! Now, please pass the kleenex! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
862 Posts
So sweet... :heart: Reminds me of the very first day little Bo was placed in my lap. He looked up at me with that sweet expression of his as if to say, "You're my family now."

·
Registered
326 Posts
It's very true isn't it, you forget things from their point of view.

Thanks for posting it /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

(... Erin)

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
That's a great reminder about what they are feeling. It's beautiful, I want to go home and hug Caesar now! :heart: Thanks for posting.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Thanks Jen, I just send it to my hubby, cause he still complains when Charlie got hold of his shoes or chew off the pillow. :hi:

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
It would be good if everyone planning to get a dog would read that poem first. The life of a pet is in the hands of the owner. Thanks for sharing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts