Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've known about it for a few years now, but with the recent recall I thought it was worth mentioning again.
When I went to the site today I clicked on the Beagles and almost threw up.
I cannot believe they are still in business.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I went to that web site too and was disgusted with what I saw! :angryfire: I cannot understand how anyone could be so cruel to an animal. I sent an e-mail to Iams explaining politely why I would no longer be buying their puppy biscuits. I wonder if they will respond? Probably not.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Caesar's Mom:
I sent an e-mail to Iams explaining politely why I would no longer be buying their puppy biscuits. I wonder if they will respond? Probably not.
Even though they may not respond or if they do, they will respond with a substanceless form letter, you can bet that they took notice of your email.

Good for you. :thumbup:

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Since Pegasus reminded us of this terrible business, I have been investigating, per internet, various firms. Some I wrote to and got quick replies. Some popular, here in Germany, have written to me and said they do use animals in research, but are trying to switch to alternative methods. It seems ones email does have some effect. I shall keep at it until I at least know which products I can buy with a clear conscience. The main thing is one doesnt threaten, other with not buying the product. These firms are only interested in the financial loss so thats where one can get them. Here in Europe, we have to get the EU to change the laws.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
I believe that you are doing exactly what should be done, Angela. Way to go! A thought...if you write or email these companies, a photo of Snoopy and Susi would be an added touch. The PR people to whom you contact about animal testing have probably never been in an actual testing lab. They are only stating the policy of the company as told to them.

One thing that I have found over the years...
When I would write to companies (or telephone), the one thing that the companies who do test always seem to say is that they are "trying to phase out animal testing all together". Colgate Palmolive told me that about 5 years ago.

I do not know if this is a stock answer or if it's true. But at least they know that people are watching.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's terribly unfortunate, but because of the pet food recall people are paying
attention. I wrote emails to everyone I know about the recall and added,
"Also take a look at www.iamscruelty.com... They are still doing reseach on..."

I got 2 people to listen!

·
Registered
794 Posts
okay, I'm done with Iams, too. :angryfire:
I just found out that the girls had been sneaking from the bag...they chewed a hole through the bottom of the bag.
so all the Iams are gone. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
that Polly is so sneaky for a baby. I never realized what good manners our Georgia has... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

I, too, will send an email to Iams. That is beyond ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
In addition, I have been forwarding this video and news to friends who aren't informed of the cruelty.
I've also linked several threads from this board to my friends and family so they can read Gingergoose's advice for action on this matter.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I e-mailed the link to some friends and family. A few minutes after I sent it to a friend at work, (who previously said she wouldn't stop using Iams) she came to my desk to talk about it. She said that she had no idea that they were so horrible to animals and she'll never buy Iams again.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Gingergoose, yes I am also learning how to aproach these companies. They do seem to think they can palm us off by saying they will phase out using animals in research. I have managed to get quite a few people here to get interested in writing to firms and boycotting products fom those who use cruel methods. I have managed to get our vet interested as well. He has been selling Eukanuba, but will be writng to them and possibly cancelling his order. If we keep at it something will be done to help the poor animals involved.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Here is what I wrote them:

I am presently boycotting all P&G products due to the cruelty and inhuman way the animals at your facility are treated. Your "we love pets" propeganda does little to sway anyones mind as it is biased and self serving. Animal lovers everywhere are disgusted with your practices and it seems I can't go anywhere without reading about it so hopefully soon you will be seeing a profit loss. Please be assured that I will tell everyone that I know what a cruel company you are and do all I can to ensure the financial failure of your company. I am no PETA lover or other animal cruelty zealot. I am just your average pet guardian with rescue ties that will also ensure that none of our dogs get fed P&G products.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Wow...Iams is sure getting an earful from some of us BW people.

Powerful stuff...words that refer to a boycott of their product and losses in profit seem much more effective than name calling and add campaigns that make people laugh rather than talk about the issues.

Very well done! :happyhappy:

·
Registered
983 Posts
I have never been so disgusted in all my life!!I too have e-mailed and am boycotting p&g products. I went one step further and signed the petition. I was so upset that my husband came in the room and turned of the computer so I could settle down. I could not believe what I was seeing.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts