Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took Charlie for a walk today. He scented a smell, off he went pulling me behind barking so loud it was ears piercing again.
This lady actually stopped her car and stared at me and Charlie. She must be thinking I was torturing him. Then this guy pulled in rolled down his window and shouted at me, You are too noisy!! Teeth showing with a disgusting look. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eyes.gif He drove off too fast for me to react. At the same time I was trying to calm Charlie down. I waved this lady off, she was in shock. They never heard a beagle barks.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
You just have to laugh at people like that. Some people just don't have enough to keep them busy. I was on the phone with one of the foster homes for our beagle rescue last night when someone knocked on her door. All six beagles started to howl. I thought it was funny and a great sound.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Oh for goodness sake. What is wrong with those people??

Ours do the same thing. That is why I don't walk ours anymore. Well, not because people around didn't like it. But ours are just not leash trained. We luckily have a large fenced back yard for them to run, bay, sniff and bark all they want to.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Geez some people /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup.gif I can understand that some people don't appreciate the noise hounds make but to stop your car to complain is beyond me.

Rosa loves to aroooooo a lot when we first leave the house. She is excited about her walk and wants to let everyone know. When I first moved to this neighbourhood a few neighbours would open their windows and poked their head out to see what all the noise was about but no one takes any notice anymore - I'm sure they are all saying "There goes Rosa off on her walk again" /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol2.gif

·
Registered
71 Posts
People...it's a DOG, not a goldfish!! Of course it's going to bark, especially outside where there are things to bark at!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hyper.gif

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Ah Charlie,
still keeping your mom's life exciting I see!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/greendevil.gif

I'm sorry you keep running into rude and ignorant people. One of my foster beagles was especially loud on our walks.....she had the loudest 'roo, and wasn't shy about using it. EVERYONE stared, EVERY time.....I understand how embarrassing it can be.

We love stories of 'Adventures with Charlie'!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/coffee.gif

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Susi and Snoopy make an amazing noise in the woods. Susi sounds like she is in agony and we get some dirty looks. However, those who know us just smile.

·
Registered
250 Posts
i love when people stare. im like "ya i have a beagle, its what they do" people dont understand beagle's were bread to bay when on a scent. its what they do and what they have always done

and i thought this was funny

Originally Posted By: PenPenPeople...it's a DOG, not a goldfish!! Of course it's going to bark, especially outside where there are things to bark at!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/hyper.gif
your exactly right. if you dont like they baying tough. its my dog and i love him

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Oh Charlie, you're a ham!
Exactly, it's a dog, dogs bark, everyone else needs to realise that. Besides, I love the beagle bark, it may be loud (and offensive to some people) but I can't help but smile when Caesar "sings".

·
Registered
134 Posts
My pat response to anyone who stares at me funny when Kioko begins to bay at a smell or at something that is coming too close to her yard is: "Hey...my dog bays but at least I pick up her poop."

You'd have to see our neighborhood to understand why that is such an effective argument.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
After your last story about the neighbor and her huge pile of poop on your doorstep, I think I understand without even paying a visit to Okinawa /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sick.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts