Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This woman at the dog park was shock to hear Charlie's barking. First she ask if he is mine, than she ask, he does it all the time!?
She had her ears covered :rolleyes: :greendevil:
She even offered catching Charlie by his collar for me, that kind of ticked me off, NO, I'm not leaving! Soon enough, I heard her saying something about being prejudice of some kind, and she called for her dogs to leave to the other side of the park. Soon after Charlie followed :hi:
I did explained that Charlie is a beagle, and she said "I know beagles, and they do not bark like that!" This guy next to her echoed after me, yes he is a beagle! :doh:
I just find it very funny. :hyper:

·
Registered
18 Posts
People are stupid like that. It's a DOG PARK, what did she expect? Don't let jerks like that dictate how and what you do with your pup. It's no wonder I prefer four legs to two.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
What does she think dogs do? :eyes: It's a good thing she's never heard our Traveler. She'd go ballistic. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif

·
Registered
324 Posts
Like I tell people when they say that,"beagles were bred for hunting and if he didn't bark he would be much use now would he?" That usually ends that topic ! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif Beagles really don't bark but have a very high pitched yelp so hunters could hear them at a good distance. That is where I usually bribe Shiloh when I take him out at night. I tell him if he doesn't bark he will get some cheese. Shiloh LOVES his cheese and works(will most of the time). Unless he finds a cricket or a toad .(another story) :thumbup: :rotflmao:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Oh my goodness !! I bet she had some prissy breed with her too....seriously some people need to get a life- it's not like you took him in a nursing home garden or something..it's a DOG PARK!! WOOF WOOF PLAY PLAY ...I think it's hilarious that Charlie followed - he obviously know he could stir the pot a bit more heheehehe /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
Snoopy always sounds like he's being skinned when I leave to drop the eldest off to school. I need to set up a beagle cam to see how long he goes on for!!! He sounds like he's undergoing major torture.....lucky one of our neighbours is deaf, the other also has noisy dogs, another has his blower vac or chainsaw going all the time..so there's really only one neighbour who would be allowed to complain :rotflmao:

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
That is crazy, I can imagine how the stupid woman would react to our Snoopy. He screams for a full five minutes when we enter the woods next to our house. Its almost as if he is shouting 'I'm coming, watch out' I would love to see our two run, play and bark in a dog park, alas there are no such places here.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Oh my goodness! How dare she say something to you at the DOG PARK! That's almost as bad as the lady at our dog park who tells everyone how to take care of their own dogs. People need to mind their own business.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
There's always one that ruins the fun, and it certainly wasn't Charlie! He was just doing what Beagles do best - having fun!

·
Registered
324 Posts
The lady has a problem !! Beagles love their playtime and like to express it. If she can't handle the barking ,she needs to go somewhere else !

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The way she claimed that she knows beagles is funny. She said it multiple times.."I know beagles, they do not bark like that!" For a moment I thought maybe something with Charlie that is not right.
Well, these things happen in a dog park often, one dog is bothering another, usually is the human who gets angry and misbehave, canine will just rough it up and friends again. I didn't want to intervene if she wasn't making such a fuss, I'm used to Charlie's barking now. He usually pick his fight, some dogs bothers him more than another, I do not know why. :hi:
Just want to share a funny experience with you all.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
That person is crazy! Glad Charlie was able to squeeze in some extra fun with her. :woohoo:

What kind of dog did she have, anyway?

~Denise

·
Registered
115 Posts
I love to take Zeus to the dog park just to see how people react to his bark! He is a quite dog for the most part but when he gets to playing all sorts howls come out! Most of the time they just look at him and giggle because it is really cute. Let Charlie play that lady can take her prissy dogs elsewhere!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
That's insane. It's a dog park and when dogs play and get excited, they make noise.

This is the type of person that would expect kids to be quiet in a Chuck-E-Cheese.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts