Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bonnie and clyde's Mom (Hunter) dad (Snoopy) and half brother (Ranger) all live down in Vancouver with A very nice family, Mom, dad, 2 boys one 15 one 8. the guys are all about hunting rabbits and birds. they showed me how.

well monday morning they got a start when they heard the dogs going bezerk. Hunter had dug under the neighbors fence and into their yard, where 2 boxers and a lab were waiting. ranger could only get his head through and snoopy was left behind.

they tore Hunters back open and the neighbor lady (God bless her!) came running out to Hunters rescue and got down and covered her. Her own dogs bit her numerous times, in the face and hands and arms. Ranger got his head all tore up.

so they took them to the vet, Hunter died. ranger got fixed up and is doing ok. And the neighbor lady is treating her own wounds herself.

what a horrible monday morning. Now lesson learned here, those dogs have ALL lived in their respective yards for over 4 years. (ranger 3). and just one morning out of the blue.

I have vowed to get a concrete curb under ALL my fence by the end of the summer. If not, i will be putting chainlink down on the ground and attaching it to the bottom of the fence so they cant dig under.
c.

·
Registered
131 Posts
What a terrible thing to happen! That brings tears to my eyes to think that dogs can do that to each other. I give my deepest condolences to Hunter and Ranger's family and wish Ranger a speedy recovery. It is also sad for me because I know boxers and labs can be very sweet, fun loving pets, and at times, like beagles they get a bad rap. I totally agree that I need to be more concerned with my dogs safety at all times, especially when I least expect it!

·
Registered
251 Posts
That is so sad....my condolances...

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Such a terrible thing. This story just made me completely sad. I do hope the lady will be okay. I wish Ranger a full recovery. Run free Hunter

·
Registered
58 Posts
What a sad story. My condolences to the ones suffering the loss.

But it does make me worry... We don't have a fence, we just use tethers and an anchor in our yard. And I know that along our walk route in town there is at least one dog I am very watchful of. I keep our close and on the other side of me, because I KNOW if it got loose he would attack my two. It would be dumb of him, as I would be all over that dog before he got to mine. But I wonder how people can own dogs and let them become so aggressive. I am very good friends with a breeder of labs and (in the past) rottweilers. There is NO SUCH THING as a naturally aggressive dog, but there is bad training, and bad owners.

·
Registered
511 Posts
That's sad-my condolences to the family.

That's been my one concern with Murphy and the invisible fence. I'm comfortable with him not getting out, but the invisible fence doesn't stop aggressive dogs from getting in.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
I am so sorry to hear about Hunter and the way he died. It's nobody's fault just a horrible situation. The lady is a hero, bless her soul. And hope that she and Ranger do well.

~Denise

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well in reaction to this incident, i just suggested to my wife that we have a local doggie picnic.
im going to make up invitations/ flyers inviting everyone in the area to it (bring your dogs and dog biscuits)
let all the dogs in the neighborhood meet each other on friendly terms, and let the owners as well. so then maybe if a dog does get loose, it wont be a stranger to the others, and maybe people will recognize it.
i will have a digital camera on hand and a phone list.
get everyones email.
take pics, label them, send them back out dog/ owner/ phone number/email.
C.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I am so very sorry!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Oh how horrible , I am very sorry .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts