Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I saw the cutest little beagle puppy (Aren't they all?) and went running to ooh and ahh over him. (I'd been shopping with my daughter so didn't have Shiloh--wish I had!) His name was Bronson and he was 12 weeks old, black and white with a brownish head. Then it was time for training class to begin, and he looked so cute, trotting by his owner's side. (Pup was already better behaved than Shiloh! :rolleyes: )
So I made my way to the training ring to watch for a minute, and there standing on the opposite side of the ring from little Bronson was his twin!! So I said to Bronson's owner--who probably wished this crazy stalker lady would leave her alone), "How cute, Bronson's brother[which you could tell he was] is here too." She said, "No they're not brothers. But they are both beagles." Well, duh. I refrained from whipping out my Beagle World membership card to show her that yes indeed I am experienced and knew they were both beagles!! I said, "They're not littermates? They're not related?" "No," she said.
So I wandered around to the other side of the ring, to Bronson's identical non-twin. Oohed and ahhed over him, asked his name (Peanut) and his age (12 weeks). Then class began and I had to leave anyway--all this beagle puppy-stuff (not to mention a beautiful black lab puppy who was also in the class and a boxer puppy who was just shopping with his parents) was getting to me! But I'm still wondering about those 2 puppies. They were the same age, markings were identical (and not real common, I don't think), at the same class--how could they not be littermates?
I'm /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Genie:
... Well, duh. I refrained from whipping out my Beagle World membership card to show her that yes indeed I am experienced and knew they were both beagles!!
:hysterical: When this new beagle owner has more experience looking at beagles, and As class progresses, they'll probably figure out you were right.....

By the Way, isn't it fun to watch puppy class? Like watching preschoolers playing on a t-ball league.....funny!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Genie, don't feel bad, I stay /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif a good part of the time. :biglaugh: Seeing 2 identical beagles of the same age would make one wonder if they weren't littermates. Sounds like a great day at Petsmart.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Seeing as the pups are only 12 weeks it might have been their first class and the two owners might not have spoken to each other properly. It could well turn out that they are related.

But Sherry looks astonishingly like Lilly did and the two of them definately aren't related...yet Rosa looks nothing like Lilly did and they were half sisters...go figure.

I laff at the amount of people who come up to me and start telling me stuff about beagles as though I know NOTHING /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif I decline to tell them that I've had 4 beagles spanning 11 years and just nod my head when they say "you can't train them you know" :rolleyes:

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
I don't know anything about being look alikes but Abby was the only red and white beagle out of her little. The rest were tri-color.

I even had some stupid, stupid man tell me that she was probably not pure-bred because beagles are "suppose" to be tri-colored. Apparently the AKC disagreed because I got her papers no problem :eyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts