Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Older, grandmotherly, cashier:
"Beagle...world??? Is that like in beagle dogs?"

Me in my Beagle World t-shirt:
"Yes, Ma'am."

Cashier:
"OH!... We had a beagle when my children were small! They are the most wonderful, loving, affectionate.......!!!

Me:
"Yes, Ma'am. We have two." /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
That's great..... I love it when people start telling you their family's beagle stories. So, you have a beagle world t-shirt.... nice :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Since I just joined, I don't have the beagle world tee shirt, but I DO have a sweatshirt with a beagle on it, and am always getting comments - about beagles they have known and loved! I always get comments when they find out that I have TEN!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Chloe's Mommy:
That's great..... I love it when people start telling you their family's beagle stories.
lol, no way! this has me laughing because I swear that when I tell people I have a Beagle I usually get 'ohhhh' accompanied by that knowing look, and a really :evilgrin: laugh!! and *then* you get the family beagle stories :holyshit:

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote: lol, no way! this has me laughing because I swear that when I tell people I have a Beagle I usually get 'ohhhh' accompanied by that knowing look, and a really laugh!! and *then* you get the family beagle stories
When Sadie was a puppy, we took her to obedience classes. The instructor saw us come in the door and said, "Oh great... A 'Bugle' . :angel:

Quote:...I have TEN!
NO FAIR! We should all be able to have that many! :hi:

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
"Be careful what you wish for - it may come true" - I never thought I've have so many dogs, and people are constantly telling me to "get rid" of some of them. Sorry, would rather get rid of the "human turmoil" in my life than the beagle brats! It is FUN, but also a bit overwhelming at times to have ten! I suspect that my Romeo will be going to live with my grandson in the spring when Tony transfers to either WSU or U of Idaho (both close). He's loved Roms forever and Roms adores him too.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I've got a Beagle World T-Shirt and I wear it when I take the dogs for a walk in the warmer weather. People often stop and ask what it's all about.

When I got my first Beagle and took her to obedience the instructor said "Oh no not a Beagle, the only thing we will ever be able to teach her is to SIT, if we are lucky" I went to a couple of his classes but he clearly didn't like Beagles so I left.

I found another class and she turned out to be extremely obediant and even won awards.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Jennifer, I found the same thing when I took my JoJo to obedience classes. The instructor there breeds Bernese Mountain Dogs - and there were 3 of HER pups in the class - JoJo was one of the "older" pups (due to class timing - I was in NY picking her up when the previous class started) - but she was also the smallest. There were boxers, Siberian Huskies and a Pit Bull mix there in addition to the Bernese pups (they really ARE cute). Poor JoJo was so nervous the first class she peed and upchucked several times. I spent the whole hour cleaning up after her - but the next few classes she was GREAT. Unfortunately, I became very ill and had to stop after 3 classes - and it was about 6 months before I was able to spend much time working with her. To this day she is GOOD and remembers everything she was taught - and she's almost 4. It's too bad people don't get to know the breed and just automatically think they're STUPID - because they aren't! They're just DIFFERENT and obviously we all love those differences!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
We took Maggie to Petsmart on Saturday for the dreaded nail trim. Afterward, she gets to shop and then pick out a toy and treat. While we were there, we stopped by the training area and were invited into the class to let Maggie show off what she can do.
I will have to take a look at the Beagle World shirts. I often wear my Seattle Beagle Rescue sweatshirt and find it generates lots of comments. I just ordered a cute Valentine sweatshirt from Cascade Beagle Rescue.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts