Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
Now i'm not an avid gardener or house proud but is there anything you can do to stop my grass from going yellow from Fizz's urine? trying to get her to go in on place is proving difficult, and she would rather do little ones everywhere rather than waiting for a full tank /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
This something we have never solved, but I do believe there is an answer out there.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I also suggest the 'water a lot' plan to dilute the urine. I've heard of diet changes/food supplements to reduced the acidity of the urine, but biologically I don't see how that would work.

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
I don't have any problems from my dogs urinating in our yard. I have a boy and a girl Beagle that pee all over the yard and we don't get yellow spots in the grass.

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
I heard when feeding them kibbles, add water to their food, it is always good for them anyway. Also I heard, feeding too much lamb might be a cause too.
And yes, Jamie is right, hose that area down right away. Yellow spot might turned into a dead spot.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I have the opposite problem. In the summer my yard is filled with dark green patches that have grown a little more than the rest of the lawn!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
A teaspoonful of Brewers Yeast or tomatoe juice in your dogs dinner can help but the best way is to immediately dilute the spot with at least a bucket of water.

It also depends on the dog. Rosa's urine has never burnt my lawn then I got Sherry and there are yellow and dead patches all over it now :rolleyes:

To be honest I can't be bothered to run out there with a bucket of water everytime she does a wee but I have started to put a little tomatoe juice in her dinner and it is helping.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts