Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had our first rescue beagle, Elizabeth, for over a year now. I can't imagine what we ever did without her. She absolutely adores other dogs, and we'd love to add another small beagle girl to the family. I've been in contact with some area shelters in southwest VA and would be interested to know of any little beagle gals in need of a home. Thanks so much!

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Hi Tara,

Please consider Little Miss Frances (the little girl from Louisiana listed here under adoptions). The rescuer who has her is the girl that I got my Henry and Yodel from. They transport their dogs from Louisiana all the way up to New England every three weeks! When I got my boys (at different times), they stopped over in Roanoke.

Her story:

<span style="font-weight: bold">You can spread the word among your beagle chat buddies. We just took in a small lemon and white girl. A hunter's dog that got loose...with all the tags attached to the collar and rope around her neck. I always check for heartworms before I make a decision whether or not to call the owner. Very, very high positive. So she has begun a split treatment and will be ready in a couple of months. Scared of her own shadow poor little thing.</span>

Just an FYI.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd definitely consider her. She has such a sweet face. I assumed she'd found a home already. She is very much like Elizabeth was when we brought her home - skinny and extremely fearful. Elizabeth is a healthy and happy little beagle these days, and I'm sure that Frances will be too.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Tara,

I know what you mean. Although Henry still has his ghosts, he has come such a long way and it is very gratifying. Elizabeth's face in your signature is beautiful. She looks happy and content.

I think that Rocky (the rescuer who has Frances) is on the road right now but should be back either today or tomorrow. If you want to send her an email, I'm sure she will be glad to answer any questions about Frances.

Contact her at:
[email protected]

Keep me posted if you do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts