Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a worrier so please forgive me, but I think it's justified this time.

Marley started throwing up a bit in his crate in the early morning. 3 times so far this week. Clear, almost like a bunch of saliva but then with a bit of foam. He barks constantly, and last night I noticed his bark was raspy, not sounding like himself. Then today, he has made no noise. If you knew my Marley you would say what the heck is going on because this boy barks at everything. Even just to say hello to me, or to get something he wants, etc.

I tried fake barking at him and all he did was look at me funny, no noise. Not a whimper or bark today! On our walk just now he stopped in his tracks looked at me, and then threw up the same clear fluid with a little foam.

He is acting ok, eating and stuff but NO SOUND.

What gives? Vet tomorrow?

Gonne find a youtube video with a dog barking. If he doens't bark at that then.....

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Is his nose dry and warm? Any other signs or symptoms of illness? Lethargy, Loss of Appetite, Diarrhea, Coughing?

Could he have eaten something funky?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Have you listened to his chest to try to hear if he's congested? Dogs do get respiratory infections. My Li'l Girl had a bad one right after we adopted her. That's been several years, so I don't remember how her bark sounded or if she stopped barking. :conf6:

Please let us know what the vet says.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Hope everything is okay with Marley - but I sure do know the feeling when you are worried and just want to be able to ask the little guy what is wrong and where he hurts...

I do know that Popcorn used to throw up bile (clear liquid with a bit of foam) in the morning when she was younger until we were told that it was because her stomach was empty for too long... so we started feeding her half her food in the evening and the other half in the morning and that seemed to stop the morning throwing up - it also pretty much stopped the nightime "surpise poops" when she was sleeping but that was a different issue...

Keep us posted - hope that he feels better soon!

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
If he does'nt seem to b e any better, please get the little chap checked out by the vet. COuld be anything.

·
Registered
33 Posts
What color is the foam? Yellowish or brownish? A vet once told me yellow foam is from the stomack which is usually not so problematic and brownish is from intestinal tract which is usually a little worse. Dogs throw up more easiliy than humans, so it's not necessarily something to worry about. But if it's been going on for days maybe it would be better to call a vet and explain the situation over the phone.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
gonna call this morning.

the puddles have been clear/no color and then the foam is white. The one on our walk was not one of those gutteral throw ups where you know the pup is about to blow. it was silent. He just stoped and lokked back at me and then out of his mouth comes this stuff.

Anyway, his bark is back but he's still quiet. He still plays and eats though.

Maybe a cold?

I will call the vet today. thanks for your concern!

G

·
0 Posts
Aww little Marley, you better get well soon!

Keep us posted hun! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts