Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
Dobby | 1y
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi! yesterday me and my family were fortunate enough to adopt a 2 month old male beagle, but as soon as we got home i noticed he wouldn’t eat nor drink anything, and it’s been like that up to this morning, he drank a bit of water at 5am >its currently 1pm for me< but that’s about it, we have another beagle, a 1 year old male so perhaps that’s a factor? or because its a whole entire different environment? he sleeps all day which is expected for a 2 month old but i’m worried he’ll get dehydrated or malnourished.. we’re taking him to the vet later today anyways, but the worrying and overthinking is killing me, does anybody have any idea would could be wrong?
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Comfort Companion dog

Dog Comfort Water Carnivore Mammal

· Registered
6,550 Posts
Taking him to the vet is the right thing to do. Get a tube of " Puppy NutriCal".. squeeze a small amount on your finger and drag the gel on your finger behind the dogs lower teeth. NutriCal has electrolytes and sugar to help puppies get elements it needs. Give it once or twice a day. You can find it in a petstore or on the internet. Do it for a month or two..
Let us know how your dog is doing..
Your dog is adorable.

· Registered
1,333 Posts
How's he doing now? Strange surroundings could contribute, but in a dog that young it needs to be addressed ASAP. Hope things are better.

· Registered
Dobby | 1y
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I sadly have to inform you that he unfortunately passed away thursday night. We had taken him to the vet for a check-up to see what was wrong with him, at first the vet said it was a cold because his nose was very runny and had a slight fever, prescribed different medicines, but obviously nothing worked. We started to get extra worried when he started vomiting so we decided enough was enough and tuesday night we took him to the hospital and he was put into urgent care, ran some exams and they discovered he was positive for parvo, he was really weak and they tried the best they could but at the end he couldn't fight it any longer. Even though we only had the pleasure of knowing that little baby for less than a week, we already considered him a vital part of our family and we're all deeply heartbroken. Rip Potter <3

· Registered
27 Posts
I don't understand why breeders do not vaccinate their puppies . I had a puppy, not a beagle, who had Parvo. He was fine the first afternoon we had him and by evening he was very sick. I took him to the vet and he tested positive for Parvo. He did pull through with constant sub Q fluids. It sounds like he was sick when you got him. Poor thing. Petey lost most of his weight and looked like a skeleton of a pup. But he did turn around and after a few weeks started improving and grew into a very big healthy dog. If you get another dog from this breeder make sure he is vaccinated. If you have had him around any other dogs, make sure they are informed that he had parvo as it is contagious to unvaccinated dogs and remains in the soil for a long time. Do not introduce any other dogs unless vaccinated into the home.

· Registered
209 Posts
I sadly have to inform you that he unfortunately passed away thursday night. We had taken him to the vet for a check-up to see what was wrong with him, at first the vet said it was a cold because his nose was very runny and had a slight fever, prescribed different medicines, but obviously nothing worked. We started to get extra worried when he started vomiting so we decided enough was enough and tuesday night we took him to the hospital and he was put into urgent care, ran some exams and they discovered he was positive for parvo, he was really weak and they tried the best they could but at the end he couldn't fight it any longer. Even though we only had the pleasure of knowing that little baby for less than a week, we already considered him a vital part of our family and we're all deeply heartbroken. Rip Potter <3
Oh I am so sorry to hear that Potter passed; I’m sure you’re heartbroken 💔. I hope a new pup comes into your life soon.

· Registered
17 Posts
hi! yesterday me and my family were fortunate enough to adopt a 2 month old male beagle, but as soon as we got home i noticed he wouldn’t eat nor drink anything, and it’s been like that up to this morning, he drank a bit of water at 5am >its currently 1pm for me< but that’s about it, we have another beagle, a 1 year old male so perhaps that’s a factor? or because its a whole entire different environment? he sleeps all day which is expected for a 2 month old but i’m worried he’ll get dehydrated or malnourished.. we’re taking him to the vet later today anyways, but the worrying and overthinking is killing me, does anybody have any idea would could be wrong? View attachment 42544
View attachment 42543
Wow, he is absolutely adorable. Yes taking him the vet is the right thing to do. Please update us on how he is doing and adjusting to his new home. ;)

· Registered
2 Posts
Make sure to take during the earliest months that a pup is brought home, the sleep schedule is pretty packed. A typical 2-month or 9-week-old puppy schedule would be between 16-20 hours. That means for much of the day, you’ll find your pup asleep.
The rest of the time would be divided into smaller intervals rather than a full waking session. Puppies use this time for feeding and relieving themselves. Some also like to play in it.

Make sure you use these intervals as effectively for the pooch’s health as possible. Read more complete puppy schedule guide here I hope it would help.

· Super Moderator
5,421 Posts
Make sure to take during the earliest months that a pup is brought home, the sleep schedule is pretty packed. A typical 2-month or 9-week-old puppy schedule would be between 16-20 hours. That means for much of the day, you’ll find your pup asleep.
The rest of the time would be divided into smaller intervals rather than a full waking session. Puppies use this time for feeding and relieving themselves. Some also like to play in it.

Make sure you use these intervals as effectively for the pooch’s health as possible. Read more complete puppy schedule guide here I hope it would help.
The puppy has passed away, read a few posts back. So sad.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts