Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm concerned about Daisy when I head back to work next week. I have been home with her for 2 weeks, and on Monday I have to return to work. Today I left for 20 minutes to get my hair trimmed and my husband said that she flipped out. She spent the whole time pacing and whining. I'm really concerned about Monday, but I don't know what I can do.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I can sympathize. I would do short leaves over the next couple of days to try and get Daisy back into things. Hopefully Max will keep her company and it won't take her long to adjust.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Same boat here. Jodie has a BAD case of seperation anxiety. The other day I put her and Jesie outside for about 6 hours as we were painting the house and you should have heard her crying. Anyone walking past must have thought we were trying to murder the dog! She feels she must be near me all the time! So going back to work on Monday is not going to be fun. I have no doubt that she will destroy my house in protest

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
I agree with Jen...start doing some short leaves a couple of times a day until you have to return to work on Monday. Have you tried crating Max and Daisy together yet, or are they crated seperately?

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They are crated separately but their crates are right next to each other. I'm afraid she would hurt him because he's so small if they were together.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had the same problem with Benji concerning separation anxiety. Benji bonded with my husband from day one and I was in a frenzy when we both went back to work. I found crating Benji and Carlo (we rescued two at the same time) for short periods at a time while we were at home helped a lot. We developed a pattern of feeding them, walking them and then putting them in their crates. I would then go about my morning routines until they finally settled down. I would make sure they were both calm and then leave the house for about an hour and gradually increase the time. It took about a month or two. Now we leave them in their crates while we're at work without any problems. I think once you establish a pattern they will adapt. Now Benji doesn't make a sound when my husband leaves. I never thought that would happen!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts