Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone we have four beagles brownie ,roxie,woody and wilson we had 5 but arlene passed away on monday they are all rescues all get along except for woody he gets aggresive growls barks and some times he will bite only if he is sitting with me or my wife or other dogs try to take his food or if he is startled when he is sleeping he is seems scared of alot of things and seems like he may have been beaten in the past we muzzle him if he is in the car with the others unatended and he stays in his own room if they are left at home if we are both working at the same time he did go to obidence school when he was younger he is 3 any suggestions besides getting rid of him or worse would be great thanks

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hiya Woody.

wow such a nice pack you have going.

I have no advice for you, but many here do, I just wanted to say Hi and don't give up, advice and support here by other members will go a long way.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Originally Posted By: BeagleWeegleHiya Woody.

I have no advice for you, but many here do, I just wanted to say Hi and don't give up, advice and support here by other members will go a long way.
Hi Woody, I too have no advice, I agree with BeagleWeegle - hang in there, don't give up. I admire you taking on such a wonderful pack! Also, I am sorry for your recent loss. Keep us posted on how you are doing.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Originally Posted By: woodyHello everyone we have four beagles brownie ,roxie,woody and wilson we had 5 but arlene passed away on monday they are all rescues all get along except for woody he gets aggresive growls barks and some times he will bite only if he is sitting with me or my wife or other dogs try to take his food or if he is startled when he is sleeping he is seems scared of alot of things and seems like he may have been beaten in the past we muzzle him if he is in the car with the others unatended and he stays in his own room if they are left at home if we are both working at the same time he did go to obidence school when he was younger he is 3 any suggestions besides getting rid of him or worse would be great thanks
Hi Woody

Have you thought about consulting a reputable behaviourist?

It sounds like Woody has some fear problems.

What sort of training do you do with all the dogs now? Do you implement anything like NILIF (nothing in life is free)?

For now I would be feeding him on his own away from the other dogs, either in another room or in a crate, to help stop him feeling like he needs to guard his food. I'd bite the other dogs if they tried to take my food too!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We do feed him in his own room its if something drops on the floor. we dont do much training with them the 2 girls were 3 when we got them they were crated for 18 to 20 hours a day and only fed once a day by the peoples kids wilson is older he`s deaf we just got him from the pound in the summer so it is hard to train them they were pretty much set in there ways they love to go for rides and go to the dog park I guess we will have to find a behavoralist for woodrow they do listen to some comands except wilson because he is deaf but he loves to howl when he wants something thanks again for the help we wont get rid of woody but i would rather help him the separate him all the time

1 - 5 of 5 Posts