Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deactivated :hi: !

The Twins are being spayed as I type right now. Hubby and I took them this morning to the Humane Society to get spayed. They are now about 75 miles west in another town and have to stay overnight. They of course couldn't stay in the same cage but the director did assure me that she would do everything in her power and pass along that the Twins needed their cages side by side.

So I am a worried Mommy right now but know in less than 24 hours my Twins will be back and will be baby proof!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Oh.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif . I'm dreading the day I take Chloe (which is within one month - or less) for her appointment.
Do tell us how it went: pain, licking, chewing on stitches... the works, when you get them back.

There will be less things to worry about though, once they are fixed.. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Oh, I know the feeling. I've never had to leave Jersey alone at the vets, but did several times with Amber. She barked so loud at me the first time! It was like she was yelling at me.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Twice this evening I caught Hubby looking out the back window looking for the girls.

And we were outside and heard a neighbor dog bark. Hubby without looking up asked if that was Lillie or Chloe :rotatesmiley2: . He misses them more than he dares to tell!

·
Registered
112 Posts
Awww.. I know the feeling, I HATED leaving Molly overnight - she was a mile from our house! Oh god it was the worst. Sorry, Chloe's mom, I just get so carried away when she has to be overnight at the Vet, Thank God it hasn't been ever since her surgery. But I do remeber that, I took of work for two days after I picked her up, I felt just so helpless, I didn't want to leaver her side, she was sore the first day. People, (her dad) thought I was silly, but no way. :heart:

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Neither of mine had to stay over night, I dropped them off at 8:00 am and had them back by 4:00pm. Spencer was a breeze and he just slept all night, Sydney was horrible. She threw up for about 8 hours and wouldn't lay down, she jsut paced and paced until about 2:00am.

I hope everything goes well for you.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
3 more hours!

The reason the Twins had to stay overnight is because they were spayed through the humane society and there is no faculity in our area; therefore the traveling. My chihuahuas were spayed and brought home the same day but then again that was over 14 yrs ago.

I am just so dern excited that the girls are gonna be home soon! I haven't told my boss yet, but I am taking the afternoon off to love on them a lot!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Twins are home and within the last 20 minuts just stopped *crying* and have not let Hubby out of their sight.

A strange thing though. The vet told Hubby that both were in heat. We knew that Chloe was about 2 weeks into her heat cycle but Lillie had went into heat the middle of June but not that she could still be in heat 2 months later?????????

Anyway they are home safe and sound.........

Oh and vet said to only let them out on a leash for 2 weeks...no running or playing. I can't image and do not see that happening!

·
Registered
991 Posts
Rest easy Chloe and Lillie. Two weeks is not all that long and at the end you should have Mom and Dad totally trained on the finer points of how to wait on you paw and paw. :exactly:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts