Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I never seen Charlie so hungry! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif
He was jumping up and down while I was fixing the meal, Marlin of course was barking too. (Unusual for Charlie), as soon as I put the bowl down, Charlie wolfed it down in 1 minute(2cups), went back to the counter top for more! A new trick, he walked on his hind legs along the counter top. I gave him another cup, which he wolfed down again. My daughter said maybe the doggie care didn't feed him lunch yet when we picked them up. Hmmm, something is going on, why are my babies soooo hungry! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif
I noticed Charlie's voice is more matured, barks like a adult now :bounce: One year old!

Charlie mom
Rhoda

·
Premium Member
2,799 Posts
Glad your babies are home!! They are probably just so happy to be home and are extra excited. Could his voice be a little hoarse? Seems like ours come home a bit hoarse from extra barking, whinning when lodged.

·
Registered
439 Posts
when dogs are lodged, they tend to not eat as well. 1 being the lodge's feed them just enough.
but lodging tends to stress dogs out and they act differently afterwards for a day or 2. they are just getting back use to being at home, mom&dad are back too. yadda yadda yadda. the stress levels are leveling off, and things are returning to normal. just keep an eye on the kids and you'll see things getting back to normal for them, and you.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
It does take a day or two for furkids to get back to normal after we've been away. Ours are never boarded since we have a dogsitter, and they eat normally for her. However, they do conk out shortly after our return. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/sleep.gif We wonder if they stay awake worrying when we're away. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by ricksconnected:
when dogs are lodged, they tend to not eat as well
and, if they are slightly wierd (but loveable, of course,) like my Maggie, they won't drink water away from home either!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Daisy's been super hungry lately. No boarding, no real changes or stress that I know of. I think they go through days when they're more hungry just like us. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

She sometimes drives me nuts tapping on my knee and pushing my TV tray away so she can sit on my feet and look at me in that pathetic way. She wants me to let her out so that she can get a treat when she comes back in. :rolleye11: She thinks she such a smart cookie!

I have to use the "serious" voice saying "No, enough". Then she'll lie down and, of course, is back to her old tricks a few minutes later. I have to keep from laughing!

Charlie's probably reacting to the stress of being boarded AND to being home again.

Monica and Daisy /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
439 Posts
daisy

bernie beagle does the same thing too. he thinks hes so darn slick going outside,firing blanks, then coming in for a treat with the look of "whew that was close" all over his face.
well, i guess he is slick cause it normally gets him a treat.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by My Sweet Daisy:
She wants me to let her out so that she can get a treat when she comes back in.
Booker does that too! It can be so frustrating but you can't help but be impressed they would scheme like that. And people say beagles are not intelligent...

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I can't believe how smart beagles are. Maggie works on her Kong for a while and when she gets too frustated after much chewing and throwing it on the floor so she can dislodge the food, she brings it over and tosses it into my lap for help. My mistake was in the one time I helped her. I have learned with Maggie don't do it once if I don't want to do it many times!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts