Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most of you from Sunny states won't understand, but how do you handle walking your beagle in the winter? It's been about -25C to -35C here lately. I can only handle extended cold temp exposure to about -15C and I grew up in this! And what is too cold for Winston? I know he wears a fur coat and all, but really, his feet are bare! I really don't feel good about putting boots and a coat on him. He does get lots of excercise in the house, but he's hesitant to go out and do his doggy duties.
Any tips?

·
Registered
847 Posts
That's funny, I've been contemplating the same thing. We're in Northern California which normally isn't very cold during the winter. But we're in the mists of a cold spell. I know it's a little selfish, but I've been forgoing the morning walk and just doing an evening walk when I get home from work. It's still cold then, but not quite as bad. Hopefully it's adequate exercise for him.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Originally Posted By: Winston's MomMost of you from Sunny states won't understand, but how do you handle walking your beagle in the winter? It's been about -25C to -35C here lately. I can only handle extended cold temp exposure to about -15C and I grew up in this! And what is too cold for Winston? I know he wears a fur coat and all, but really, his feet are bare! I really don't feel good about putting boots and a coat on him. He does get lots of exercise in the house, but he's hesitant to go out and do his doggy duties.
Any tips?
Buy Mushers. I use it for Chloe! It's like Vaseline that you smear on his paws and it hardens a little and protects the paws. Sledders use it for their huskies and I figure if it works for them - why wouldn't it work for our little Beagles?

·
Registered
605 Posts
That's a great idea, Eleanor! When we have cold snaps here I always feel guilty about Henry's feet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts