Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, the rainy season has officially hit NYC.... Chloe seems to like the rain and is very excessively wagging her tail on walks.... quite funny actually /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
308 Posts
Not sure yet. The Wonder Twins were born in Dec last year so they haven't had a winter outside yet.

But they DO love the summer, especially the mornings after the outside creatures run all over the yard.

Hunters I truly have!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Ours will go for walks in all weather, but refuse to go into the garden if its pouring with rain. They loved the snow and adore the sun, mainly enjoying the latter on a sunny patch of our carpet though.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Abby doesn't like being in the rain, though she'll go out in it.

As far as the heat, Abby does not like being in the heat. All this summer as soon as she did her stuff she'd bark to be let in.

Her favorite weather, which I tell by how long she's willing to stay outside, are spring and fall. It seems like when I'm really comfortable with the weather Abby is too.

We're going to NY for Christmas and brining her (last year we did not) so we'll see how Abby does with NY up north /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif She wasn't at all bothered with the small amounts of snow we got, here in NC, the past two winters.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Spock was fine outside during most of the summer, but cold wind and rain that we've had recently has not been to his liking at all. We'll see how he is when he gets older, but based on his actions, I believe he prefers warm weather over cold.

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Well, for me, winter is not puddles so that was like a trick question. My dogs hate the heat but they also hate the rain. Snow and cold they love (as long as they have their coats and boots on).

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
That's a trick question for me too. Winter here is snow, not rain. Caesar hates the rain, but loves snow. He dives and frolics in fresh deep snow. He loves to lay in the sun but hates to walk when it's hot. He lays done in the shade and we end up carrying him home.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
as you can see by my avatar Sammy loves to lay out in the sun and she also loves to play at the beach.....

definitely a summer beagle !!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Dexter I think is a fall kind of guy...he thinks summer is too hot and winter is ok..he loves the fall days where he can lay out in the sun on the deck...i think thats why they called it dog gone days!!

·
Registered
794 Posts
hmm, I voted Sunny for Georgia, but it won't let me vote Puddles/snowdrifts for Polly :p

·
Registered
751 Posts
Only have had Marley since July but I must say he loves it outside. Those hot summer days he just loved laying out on the grass, stretched completely out. Now with the rain and cooler air, he hesistates to go out, but will.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Today the weather was great, and sll three of mine were stretched out in the middle of the yard, enjoying some sunshine!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Awwww Spencers Mum- a beagle in a coat and little booties- that must be one adorable sight!!! Do post a pic of that if you've got one /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'm another for whom winter is snow, not rain. (Although lately there's been precious little snow.) My pair love walking in any weather, but do not like to go out to go potty in the rain. Get a leash, and they are perfectly happy to go out. Lucy, on the hottest days of the year, will lay in the sun, on the driveway. Flora looks for shady grass. Of course, once they come back in, Lucy lays directly in front of the air conditioner. I guess she just likes some time in the dog sauna.

In winter, they get very efficient with potty breaks, but still enjoy long walks. Despite that, they refuse to wear jackets or booties (I've tried...). Flora is very funny in the snow because her legs are shorter, and the snow touches her tummy more often. To avoid plowing through snow, she jumps from one spot to another. She looks like a beagle-bunny!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts