Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got home from work and Willow has a big swelling on her rump. I Knew it was an abscess straight away. The vet was shut and as it was not bothering her we let it ride over night. Got up early went to check on Willow and the abscess had burst in the night. Everything was nice and clean and again surprisingly she was still fine she even let me bathe it with no fuss.

Took her off to the vet he put her on Anti-inflamitory and pain relief medicine and a course of Anti-biotics. She is still totally normal and OH has just took her Agility training with Rasha.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Oh, poor baby! That happened to Cassie once and when it burst, all was fine after that.

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
Get well soon.....poor baby....she sounds tough since she didn't complain!! Mine always get sick when the glands are full.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Hope she's feeling much better! My Chloe used to get abcesses on her anal glands - they were very painful and made her very sick. Glad that one burst on its own and she's doing well. Big hugs to her.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Hope Willow is over this soon. Our last beagle had one whilst we were in France once, it burst in the hotel room! She was fine though. Amazing how some dogs are so uncomplaining.

·
Registered
865 Posts
I hope all is well soon. It sounds like Willow wasn't bothered!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We have the last Agility show of the summer season tomorrow. We were thinking of not going because of Willows condition. As she showed no signs of ill effect at training we have decided to go and compete.

During the training session Willow trained first and was her normal self. Rasha trained next, both finished the routine when the trainer looked at her watch and realized that we had finished early. Rasha was panting because she had just finished her session so the trained said do we want to give Willow another 10 mins. We went and fetched her from the car and she was so hyper it was as if she had mot trained for a month let alone just sat in the car for 25 mins. So I guess her abscess is not causing her much discomfort at all.

·
Premium Member
3,715 Posts
Poor Willow! I'm so sorry she had a burst absess, but sounds like she is doing well. Congratulations to her on doing well in her agility training. Our cat Poe had an absess this summer which we were completely unaware of till it burst. It cause him a great deal of discomfort at first, but he started improving right away on the antibiotics. And was greatly offended that he had to stay inside till the wound began to close. Please give Willow a hug from me!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts