Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will I meet Jethro tomorrow?!

This time of year is not the best time to train & housebreak a
puppy,(imho)! But an ad in the local county shopper caught my eye about a litter of 10 week old beag pups. After a phone call with a very elderly sounding couple I got confusing directions to an area of Kootenai county near the Indian reservation. Both of them had a strong southern accent & said that they had been breeding beags for over 40 yrs! I told them about Goober living nearly 16&1/2 yrs & the man told me that he sold a pup to a man 19 yrs ago & sold him another one soon after the 19 yr old one had died!
NINETEEN YEARS!!! (I can hardly wait to meet them)!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Re: Will I meet Jethro tomorrow?!

Awww, Eric - that is wonderful! I quite understand trying to housetrain a puppy this time of year - that's why I wound up keeping Joe - he was a winter baby and people just didn't want puppies that time of year! He's such a mama's boy tho I can't be sorry. 10 weeks it he perfect time - and I know you'll pick out the perfect beagle puppy and that puppy will have the perfect home!
We want LOTS of puppy pictures.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts

That's great Eric!!! I'm holding on the congrats until you actually have Jethro home with you.

Beagle puppy - FUN!

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts

I hope it works out for you. I will be checking in for updates.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

That's wonderful Eric. Good luck in selecting just one. lol

Oh and by the way, I have had many winter pups and we somehow make it work. It's a little less desirable to have to go out in it, but the puppy still seems to learn to go out, get the job done and head back in for the warmth.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts

I've heard a saying out here. When you go to see a litter of beagle puppies, it's almost guaranteed you will be coming home with one. I agree about the potty training in the winter, but it can be done. We got Molly in March and had to potty train her in cold, snowy temps, but we cleared a little path for her to go and it seemed to work.

I hope you meet little Jethro tomorrow. You'll know him when you see him.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts

NR great news, I hope you decide to adopt one of the pups. Keep us up to date. Wow, 19 years, so when you look at the pups just think you might have one for 19 years.

·
Registered
889 Posts

Woo hoo!
I can't say I understand the potty training in winter since I live in FL. LOL
But good luck! Can't wait to see pictures!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts

Fingers and paws all crossed that you find your Jethro! Best of luck and if you do bring him home, we want pics!

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts

Good luck! I got Daisy in January last year, heck it was snowing the day I brought her home which is odd for Georgia but somehow we got her trained!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts

I hope you find Jethro tomorrow, but will hold off on congratulations until we hear for sure. Be sure and let us know as soon as possible.

BTW, you know having a beagle puppy require a digital camera and a computer that'll transmit the pictures!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts