Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Ok I think someone posted something similar before but Id like to ask WHY do puppies NEEED to play with their toys on TOP of their mums aka me!!

I like sitting on the floor and scratch Glover every now and then, but inbetween fighting him off and him nipping.... ahhh!!

I really don´t like it because he has missed the toy too often and nipped me on the thigh one to many times!!

My hubby says, just stand up, but I want to play!!! :rolleyes:

do your pups do this?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
When I play with Rosa she does this sometimes. She likes to play fetch. When she brings the toy back if I'm sitting on the floor she will drop it in my lap then grab at it again.

I find that if I play standing up like your hubby suggested then the problem is solved and she plays the game properly.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Because he's a puppy! LOL!

Jersey used to play rough like that too. We would stop playing when she got too rowdy. She quickly learned that too much rough play meant mommy stopped playing with her. Our trainer suggested this. When they play rough and nip you, screech like another puppy would if they were playing and one got too rough. That never worked for Jersey and only made her more excited, but it did work with other dogs in our obedience class.

·
Registered
250 Posts
diesel does this too. he will have a toy in his mouth and he puts it on my foot and chews it. sometimes he tries to put the toy on my foot when i am walking and i end up falling. haha but i just tell him no and instead of sitting on my butt i just sit up on my knees.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Awwww.....but he's so cute, how can you resist?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
lol thanks all

and zookeeper... thats just it I cant resist!! hes just too irresistable!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Get another one and then stand back and watch. Two together doing zoomies, pullies and gladiator stuff just keeps me laughing. We let them do that together and we are for belly rubs, walks, kisses and everything else. Once in a while I lie down on the floor and the girls just rush over and cover me with kisses, smell my face, preen my hair then it's off to messing with each other and I'm no longer the playmate.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Maggie is bad about nipping. Sometimes I am not sure it is an accident but rather she is tired of me grabbing her toy and tossing it. Its a puppy thing. Be careful those teeth are like razors sometimes.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I promise 2 are easier than 1! And add another and you have a real party!

Hubby loves to tease the dogs (and me too) by throwing a toy over my head when I am sitting on the couch....mostly when I am not paying attention. Then I usually end up with 3 charging beasts in my lap! Makes Hubby laugh everytime....and me saying nice choice words under my breath!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:Originally posted by Tammy:
I promise 2 are easier than 1! And add another and you have a real party!

Hubby loves to tease the dogs (and me too) by throwing a toy over my head when I am sitting on the couch....mostly when I am not paying attention. Then I usually end up with 3 charging beasts in my lap! Makes Hubby laugh everytime....and me saying nice choice words under my breath!
:rotflmao:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts