Our Beagle World Forums banner

why is snoops mad at me?

1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Mom of 2 Beagles 
#1 ·
so last night i went to crawl into bed...
and there was a big wet spot just below my pillow... right in the place where i sleep...
noooo idea what it was!!!
the only explanation i can think of is that snoopy peed there!!
she hasn't done this since she was like 4 months old... only happened once...
i've noticed in the last week or so that when i put her to bed for the night and she lays on the bed - that i'll go out into the living room and she's whine. i ignore her because she is such an attention monger and i think that behavior needs to stop.
could this be why she peed on my bed?!? :S
i didn't get mad at her because i didn't see her do it or anything...
but i'm not sure what to do about this?
any suggestions?
thank you

See less See more
#2 ·
Oh dear, unless you can think of any other explanation it does sound like she did it.

I don't believe that dogs do things like that out of spite but I'm sure others will disagree with me.

If that happened to me I'd just not allow my dog access to MY bed for a while unless I could supervise and pay extra attention to toilet breaks around bedtime etc.

#4 ·
Spock is a licker and will sometimes soak large spots on the bed, couch, wherever he is with nothing grosser than dog slobber. He also loves attention and pouts when he doesn't get it (or his sister gets more attention), and that manifests itself in that compulsive licking.

#5 ·
interesting
snoopy does that too... she'll lick something till it's soaking
but never in an area that big before!!!
there were like 2 puddles... and it was on my duvet cover and my sheet...luckily didn't go through to my mattress
very confusing :S i smelled it and it didn't smell like pee
i dunno! weird.... ok i'll just chalk it up to excessive licking and hope it doesn't happen again :S

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.