Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bedtime. And no matter where Bridey is on the bed (on my feet, slammed against my shins or playing spoons at stomach-level)...

She is ALWAYS turned around so her butt is pointed at my face!

(I wonder if she'd turn the other way if we visited the Southern Hemisphere...)

·
Registered
605 Posts
LOL! Every dog I've ever known is like this!! Maybe they trust us to 'watch their backs'.

·
Registered
223 Posts
hahaha Arty does this too!! I often wondered how many doggy farts I have breathed in during the night as we sleep. And Arty has some poisonous farts!

·
Registered
271 Posts
A long time ago when i was a kid, our dog used to sleep with me and my sister. He would always put his head toward her and his butt toward me. My mother told me that he trusted me more because their hind ends are sensitive and they put them where they will be protected more.

I have no idea if this is true or not.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Originally Posted By: Steph&MollyA long time ago when i was a kid, our dog used to sleep with me and my sister. He would always put his head toward her and his butt toward me. My mother told me that he trusted me more because their hind ends are sensitive and they put them where they will be protected more.

I have no idea if this is true or not.
True or not, it's a cool way of looking at it. Makes sense also

·
Registered
865 Posts
Steph, I hope that's true!! Otherwise, you have a mom who can make up some REAL GOOD ONES for her kiddies!!!!! LOL!!!

Yes, Toby does it, too! He always sleeps next to me instead of my husband! I figure it's because I am less likely to evict him from the bed, but who knows maybe he just loves me more!!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Our two beagles do this and we think it is protection device so they can watch to see who is coming in the bedroom door. Yes, it does open you to silent but deadly farts! They will lay looking at our faces and being petted unti the lights go out and then they flip around.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wouldn't mind so much, but the silent-but-deadlies are real killers!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.