Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I remember being told somewhere that Beagles are not good watch dogs. Someone forgot to tell Blue....

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Blue is beautiful! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/doh00000.gif

And whoever said beags are not good watch dogs needs to tell Abby that /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif she's an excellent guard beagle

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Good boy Blue, you just go ahead and be the Great Protector.
I haven't heard my doorbell in years /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was trying to tell him to smile pretty and be a handsome dog, but apparently he didn't want to lose the tough guy look!! I think he will be happier than the rest of us when the contractors are gone and he can get back to his old habits.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Nice action shots! My boy beag is a definite watchdog. Well, for people to give him attention at least! He knows the exact sound of either of my roomate's car doors slamming, and upon hearing it he immediately runs to the door! He also has a really strong reaction to people knocking on the door, which is weird since no one at our place really ever knocks they just come in. But, if he hears 3 thumps of ANY sort in a row, he starts in with his little boy howl and runs to the door to investigate.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Henry was never a barker, and he very rarely arooos, but recently he's found the watchdog side of him. He knows all our neighbors, their dogs, cars, etc, so only really out of the ordinary stuff alerts him. He just sort of 'gruffs' about it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts