Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marley walks around sometimes whining. I try to figure out if he wants to go out but he could be on the other side of the room doing it, not by the door. It's like he's looking for something, or restless. Cannot figure it out.

What the heck is he whining for?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Happened with Chloe a few times. I still catch her whining like that for a few seconds at a time and then just stop and keep playing.
I just assume that it's a frustration she has sometimes with a toy, or when she is bored and tries to figure out what to do... :rolleyes:

It is weird though - I agree :p

·
Registered
211 Posts
Mizu does this too. He will be in his pen or walking around the house and he starts to whine for a few seconds. He also does this and walks around w/ his bone in his mouth. Weird. I thought maybe he was hurt or something. So one time I went over to him and just felt around his body to see if he would whine but nothing. Which is good cause I was getting worried.

·
Premium Member
2,869 Posts
Henry definetely uses his whine to communicate.

I've figured out that when he whines, he usually is asking for one of two things; to go out to "pee pee" or for a treat. In fact, when he comes to me whining, I just get up and follow...either to the front door or to the kitchen.

It took me a while to figure this out but I'm glad I finally caught on.

~Denise

·
Registered
96 Posts
Our big kid Myra will whine to us from time to time too, for no particular reason. When she does it, and if I can't get her to stop by visually ignoring her, I take her straight outside to the potty spot, wait there for a few moments, then head straight back inside. Hopefully, she will get the hint that the only thing to whine for is going outside to potty. This is something we are trying to express to our little kid Cello as well, since he is perfectly potty trained but is very particular about when he chooses to use his training :grr:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Duke was whining just last night. Of course, that's because there was a plate of ham on the counter he felt he should have and when whining didn't work, he resorted to his "rooster bark" to try to sway us into giving it to him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.