Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When will Daisy be able to hold it more than an hour when she's awake? I could set a watch by this dog /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

I guess I'm just spoiled by my last dog. He could go all day and I'd still just about have to force him outside to go.

I know she's 4.5 months old, but man I feel like I spend all my time outside these days. I guess at least the weather is improving so it's not so miserable out there.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I would say give her another few months. There's some theory about adding an hour to each month of age...I'll have to search my doggy books. Once they get to a certain point, they can usually go from holding it 1-2 hours to 4-6 hours. That little bladder will catch up soon.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I personally think males can hold it longer than females. I don't know if there is any truth to that, but in my experience it seems to be true.

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
I'm right there with you on the housetraining Aliesha. The thing that's getting to me right now, is not only how many times I have to take Maggie out during the day (and night), but how I can take her out, she'll potty on the grass, then come right back in the house and potty again on the floor within 5 or 10 minutes!

I know she's only 3 months old, but I really don't remember my previous beagle Molly being this difficult. I've been at this a month now, and I really don't think Maggie's getting the housetraining thing AT ALL yet! Grrrrrrrrrr!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thsmiley_fistshake.gif

·
Registered
751 Posts
Marley could always hold it longer than that hour plus age thing, and he housetrained very quickly. But we took him out all the time and crate trained. He was done by about 3-4 months old.

Every dog is different though because my Charlie angel (cocker) took a while.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts