Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, everyone in my house had the flu, sinus infection, cold, strep throat - we have been miserable for about a month now. Luckily, on the days we've had to stay home, we've had the puppies to keep us company.

Here's Bones keeping Daddy's feet warm on one of his sick days.

She'll curl up and cuddle with just about anybody, and toward the end of the day, she'll often pass out on the couch on the lap of any available person or the nearest blanket.

Mommy, I love your ankle.

Everyone is brought wide awake and ready to perform (ok, mostly to sit) when a human gets out the box of puppy treats. Even sedate older dog Morty perks up his ears.

And everybody loves it when there's a noise in the garage, because it means that either mommy or daddy are home to give attention and treats.

Of course, while I've been sick (and can't enjoy it), it's been just fabulous weather outside, feeling more like a pleasant spring than the middle of winter. The puppies were outside a lot of the day when I was home sick. They took lots of naps on the futon on the back porch.

To be continued!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One day, they came back into the house fighting over... a rock. And they fought over it for something like 20 minutes.

Spock started out with the advantage...

But Bones was quick to wrestle it away and guard it with a sphinx-like look on her face.

The puppies love to wrestle on the couch. Spock jumped up to say hi before diving back into the fray.

Tired from playing? Just take a nap on your sister!

Best puppies ever.

·
Registered
295 Posts
OMG, how cute are they?!! Great pics! And LOL about fighting over a rock...

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
What GREAT pictures - and what adorable "furkids"! Thank you so much for sharing them with us!

·
Registered
223 Posts
The best part of being sick is waking up from a hacking cough and seeing your little pup cuddling closer to you for comfort . . .
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Yep, the whole week that I was sick with the worst head cold ever and stuck in bed Arty stayed by my side. Is he a keeper or what?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by BeagleBabe:
Those are great pictures and very good looking beags! Makes me want a friend for Abby /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
I know what you mean Jamie.... I would have loved to have another beag to keep Chloe and me company.... another little girl.... I just love those pups :heart: :heart: .

·
Registered
291 Posts
Cute pictures. Like the others said, it makes me wish I had another beagle to play with Gage.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Aw, shucks, thanks /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Getting Spock a buddy was probably the best thing we could have done for him - he's so happy now, and they have such a great time hanging out with one another.

And Artimus' mom, you're right, there's something really sweet about a comforting pup (and your boy is definitely a keeper!). Spock was very sympathetic last Saturday; I came back from a morning visit to the doctor and spent the rest of the day zonked out on antibiotics and ibuprofen. He and I curled up in bed watching tv and sleeping while Bones and my boyfriend hung out watching TV in the living room.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Those are great pictures and stories. Isn't it a great feeling to have your Beagle all cuddled up next to you when you're not feeling well?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts