Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was sleeping tonight ever so peacefully, 5 mo. old Abby decided it was time to get up, go out, and play.
She will not settle down. It's been almost an hour now since she's been awake. I considered putting her in her crate however then she will start crying and wake up the neighbors. If only I could trust her to not potty in the house I'd go back to sleep leaving her to play.
She does good during the day telling me she needs to go out but occasionally has accidents while I'm trying to sleep. So here I am awake :) Hopefully she will grow out of this behavior, too!

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I used to get up with Roscoe at about 1 am and had to play with him for about an hour or so! It drove me nuts but he did grow out of it!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Jersey had a phase like that as a puppy too. She'd wake up at 4 am and want to play. She'd zoomie around for 30 minutes or so and then collapse. I'd sleep on the couch until she was done and then we'd go back to bed for a little bit until I had to get up for work (5:30 a.m.). They do grow out of it.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Glad to hear they do grow out of it, havent slept through for the last 3 months, Molly is now nearly 5 months and still wakes up whining once or twice a night. She normally goes out for her business but her real objective is to cuddle up with us. Depending on how lenient(or tired) I am feeling we end up snoozing on the couch or smuggling her into my bed and hoping the hubby doesnt notice. I could swear she knows not to give herself away as she slips under the blanket and immediately curls up into my stomach - very cosy :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.