Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On this other forum I'm writing on, there was a little survey about that and I was wondering about your input... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In my case, Chloe sleeps with me or in her crate... sometimes she just changes in the middle of the night.... but mostly with me :heart: .

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Lucky sleeps in his own room with the kitten on his bed (it's a futon with a dog bed, the futon mattress, and a pillowtop mattress topper with a million blankets and pillows). Him and the kitten cuddle at night. He's not allowed to sleep with us because he steals all the blankets and tries to push us off the bed. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Since the first night we brought him home, Duke has slept in our bed, usually at my feet. Once in a great while, he will hop down and sleep next to the bed for a bit, but never for long.

I have to contend with him and the cat, Phoebe, both on my side! I have no doubt that if my old labs could still get up on the bed, we'd have all 4 of them up there. Good thing it's a king size.LOL

G

·
Charlie had his own doggie bed....but only wanted to sleep with us, so he did....But now he had decided for what reason? dunno, to sleep in his own dog bed in the hallway outside of my bedroom door.

·
Registered
250 Posts
diesel sleeps with me. most of the time at the bottom of the bed. sometimes under the covers. sometimes up by my head. and he puts his head on my neck when we sleep. it is so weird. he usually jumps down and i have to pick him back up because he is not tall enough to get up on top of my bed yet

·
Premium Member
2,594 Posts
Phoebe, and my lab,Jazzy sleep on our bed. Teddy sleeps on an ottoman at the foot of the bed. The "girls" decided there wasn't room for him! They are terrible bed hogs. I told DH he was lucky "the girls" still let him sleep in the bed /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Registered
85 Posts
Buddy has too many options...but this is his normal evening....

~Bed with me (in husbands spot)
~Moves to his bed on floor (when husband comes to bed)
~Then he moves to the chaise lounge where he has another doggy bed/cushion
~Then he returns to the foot of the bed

During the day he sleeps in his dog house in his room we built him (he has another bed in there too) can you say "spoiled"

While we are home watching TV, on the top of the couch cushions (two spots...he can't make up his mind as to which is comfy-iest)

While upstairs in our loft watching TV/playing video games (that would the hubby) on the futon with me...or on his OTHER bed on the floor.

His colar says KING...i wonder why?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Glover sleeps in his crate each night just off the kitchen, he is to much of a restless sleeper to be elsewhere!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jersey sleeps in the bed with us. Under the covers, up against my legs. Sometimes if it gets too hot or if I get too restless she'll go sleep in her crate (which is right next to my side of the bed) for a little while. She always ends up back in bed with us though. I don't mind it when she jumps down in the middle of the night, but I need her with me to fall asleep anymore.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The Bagel naps in his doghouse during the day when I am gone, naps on my worn shirts when I'm on the computer and sleeps all night using my right arm as his pillow in his bed. He sleeps under the covers with his back pressed to me in the winter when it cold, without covers and with his paws toward me in the summer when it is hot and some combination of the above when it is cool or warm.

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Before my daughter moved in with me and I gave up my queen sized bed, Princess, Chloe, JoJo and Lottie slept with me. Since the family has "expanded", and I'm on a twin bed in one of the guest rooms, only Chloe and Lottie (sometimes) sleep with me. Sometimes Lottie sleeps on the couch in the living room, sometimes she curls up on one side with me. Both she and Chloe like to sleep under the covers. Of the remainder of the pack, the "big boys", Romeo and Tanna sleep in their crates in the hallway. The "little girls", Bella and Angel share a crate (they get lonely alone) in the living room. JoJo, Joe, Jack and Princess all sleep in the family room. Chloe is my "special" baby - the one I can't fall asleep without, she's also a very tiny beagle - so she doesn't take up so much room in the twin bed.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Booker sleeps in her own dog bed. Moose and Popcorn both prefer to sleep in bed with us, but they don't necessarily like both sleeping under the covers together so they usually both start out there and then eventually one of them will give up and go sleep in our second dog bed. Sometimes I pull my top pillow down a bit so that Moosie stretches out along the headboard on my second pillow - and then Popcorn can sleep undisturbed under the covers at the foot of the bed (with me squished in between the two of them!).

·
Registered
448 Posts
in bed with me! Harley's usually on the hubby's side, Betty at the foot. My bed-warmers is what I call them!
Judi

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Aren't the beagle bedwarmers wonderful in the winter? Not quite so comfy when temps reach 90 degrees though. It's really funny, I periodically ask this question my beagle group - I used to think I was the only "nut" who slept with "dog(s)" - but the response there is just about what it is here - probably 95% sleep with a dog or two - at least part of the night. Mine rarely "stir" once they go to bed. Lottie sleeps by my left arm, and Chloe sleeps at the foot of the bed. For a while I slept here in the family room on a futon - but it was just TOO uncomfortable, because then I had Princess, Chloe, Lottie, JoJo, Bella, Joe, Jack and Angel - and the mattress was VERY uncomfortable. I do sleep better - even on the twin bed - with just Chloe and Lottie. Talk about a FULL HOUSE!!!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Miss Bones sleeps in her kennel and will continue to do so at least until she's fully housetrained. Spock sleeps in our bedroom, though where he sleeps varies a lot, even through the night. If he gets too warm, he sleeps on the floor. Usually, I wake up with him either in the crook of my knees or wedged between my boyfriend and me, stealing all my covers... that is, if I wake up before he does (he usually wakes ME up with a couple of slurps to the face, telling me it's time for him to eat and go outside). /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/tired.gif

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Daisy sleeps with me. I think I would prefer her in her crate, but she will have none of it. The crate is fine when we aren't home. She doesn't mind going in it when she knows we are leaving, but if we're staying home you will hear many "AROOOs"

Daisy does the same thing that Diesel does. She sleeps on my neck from time to time.

·
Registered
751 Posts
napping when we are not home, is in his crate
napping when we are home - he sleeps on the floor on his bed, or sheets, or he will hop up in my lap and make it his own
sleeping for the night is in his crate

·
Registered
308 Posts
The Wonder Twins slept in a crate until they were six months old and about 97% potty trained (they will still use the bathroom rug if they need to go at night but never pee any other time). Now they all tend to sleep where ever their fansy is that particular night.

Lillie sleeps with me and Hubby. Usually Chloe sleeps in my stepdaughter's bed (unless stepdaughter is here....6 yr olds are just a little too kicky at night) or on the couch. About 2X a week she will also sleep with us and we hate it....having a cinder block on each side of us weighing us down...

Stray Jack always sleeps on the couch. He loves that freedom and loves that if someone does get up in the middle of the night to sleep on the couch, he has sole suggleship with that person!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts