Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Since my boyfriend and I might be moving back to the states in the next few years I am getting a little worried about where I will be able to walk our dogs.

In Germany there are tons of fields etc. where I always walk our dogs. I like to walk in either really open areas or in forests etc. where I'm not going to run into other people all the time (that get really annoying when your dogs are running on 10 meter leashes). But for some reason I can't really think of that many places in my home town that fit those descriptions (even though Portland is supposed to be one of the top 10 dog friendliest cities in the US).

What kind of areas do you guys walk your dogs in? And what kind of leashes do you use in those areas? (flexi leashes, short leashes, field leashes)

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I walk Maggie in my neighborhood or go to a local walking track with a friend and her dog. There are some off leash dog parks here but I am afraid to take Maggie. I guess I should go without her the first time and just see what it is like.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
We've got a gorgeous pond and dog walk area in our apartment complex, so that's Jersey's usual spot for a walk. Then around the complex. back around the pond and home. We also go to the park and walk her there sometimes. Where we live is pretty dog friendly, so we don't really have any problems about where to take her. Most of the parks near me allow dogs on a leash and many of them have a separate dog park (they call it the Paw Playground) as well. On Friday we'll be hitting the dog beach for some sun and relaxation. I don't think that you'll have as much trouble as you think. You can do some research of your county parks back home and see if they've built any type of dog areas.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Salisbury Plain. :thumbup: Its about 23 miles of open land used by the military. There are tons of walks to chose from and its only 10 mins walk away from our front door. Its great having such a great place to walk my girls and to run my dog walking business. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Angela

1 - 4 of 4 Posts