Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i usually spay my small puppies around 5- 5.5 months.
the appointment i can get with anti cruelty is just shy of her 5th month. Is this too early? if i wait, b/c they don't do it often for small dogs, or they book up, it might go past her 6 month, and possible she could go into heat.
so again, is just shy of her 5th month ok to have her spayed?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Yes do it now. My dog was about 4.5 months and that's what my vet recommended. She did great afterwards and was playing a day later.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
trying to schedule

i am trying to schedule with anti cruelty....but they haven't posted the available dates....i am trying for april 7, where she's almost 4.5 months.

that's the issues, i have to check every day, and see what's posted and available.

thanks

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
i am trying to schedule with anti cruelty....but they haven't posted the available dates....i am trying for april 7, where she's almost 4.5 months.

that's the issues, i have to check every day, and see what's posted and available.

thanks
Your Vet doesnt do it?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
vet vs anti cruelty

vet does it for like $400......

anti cruelty does it for $130, and will do all follow up if need for free. My friend had her little dog done there, she said they were very good.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
vet does it for like $400......

anti cruelty does it for $130, and will do all follow up if need for free. My friend had her little dog done there, she said they were very good.
Oh I see... is that organization only in your area? Chicago? My dog's spay was covered under dog insurance with Banfield which is associated with Petsmart. My dog still goes there and will have a dental cleaning under that insurance soon. I know orher dog owners happy with the care and low cost and coverage.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
what are the fees or link to what is included
https://www.banfield.com

They have different fee levels depending on the dog's age. I think it starts around $35+ish/month for puppies ( "Early Care Plus" plan for puppies includes the spay) ...dont hold me to current price..you can call their customer service or go into your local Banfield to ask and get it set up.
I just upgraded to ($55/month) to get the following annual items:
Dental cleaning, comprehensive exams x2, bordetella x2, sick visits whenever, prohearts x2, and other needed vaccines. Next yr at the plan renewal I'll downgrade ($45) to not include the dental cleaning. My dog can skip a year on that.
Keep in mind my dog is 8 years old now.
There is a Banfield app to use as well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
the most important thing is that whoever does that, does a good job. my last 2 beagles, one of them i took to a budget vet. they botched it, and the dog couldn't hold her pee anymore. every time she would relax a little, she'd let some go. then she would feel soooo guilty about it. i feel bad about it to this day

1 - 11 of 11 Posts