Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure our Vet will tell us, and I am sure it's in my puppy books but ------- what age do you neuter? I forget when we got Charlie's done.

thanks!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Generally 6 months of age. There is a humane society in our region that does juvenile neutering, but our vet preferred to wait. I've also heard (as a bonus) that if they are neutered before they start to lift their leg to pee, they may never lift their leg to pee... :woohoo: I'm hoping it works out that way for Tramp!

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I heard 6 months is the rule of thumb. I got Lucky from a rescue shelter hence he was fixed a lot earlier. He was going to be fixed at 6 weeks but got Parvo. He ended up being fixed at about 3 or 4 months. It's funny you mention the leg lifting thing. Lucky has never lifted his leg to pee. He always squats. It makes me laugh. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'm thinking of taking Chloe next week..... Kinda freaks me out, but I better get her fixed sooner than later.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

And now that you've mentioned it, my cousins Shih Tzu still squats too... he was neutered at 6 or 7 months old. He is now almost 1 1/2 (still squats).

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hotdog use to never lift his leg, and one day when he was 2 or 3 yrs old he saw another male dog lift his leg and he started doing it too! He isn't neutered either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts