Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I'm new and it's great to be here.

I'm thinking about getting pet insurance for my pug and beagle after hearing all the horror stories about super expensive vet bills. I live in the U.S. and I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations? Thanks a bunch!

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
My dog goes to Banfield Pet Hospital since she was 8 wks old and now 8yrs. They are associated with Petsmart. Ive never had a bad experience. They have an insurance plan which saves a lot for comprehensive exams, vaccines, and illnesses. Its mainly a wellness plan so an injury wouldn't be covered unless some of the services fall under the plan.
Www.Banfield.com

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi I’m in the UK so obviously may differ..

We had our late Bishon insured they were great with her, but the older the dog the less they paid out..After 8 you paid access of £100 then 20% of bill due to her age, which came to a pretty penny, but still a lot less then what it could of been..

Ive got the gold standard in the UK for Cooper, which seems to be Petplan, when the Bishon was Ill and we were at the vets the people with petplan Had a lot less issues with vet...
Regards

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My dog goes to Banfield Pet Hospital since she was 8 wks old and now 8yrs. They are associated with Petsmart. Ive never had a bad experience. They have an insurance plan which saves a lot for comprehensive exams, vaccines, and illnesses. Its mainly a wellness plan so an injury wouldn't be covered unless some of the services fall under the plan.
Www.Banfield.com
Thank you for the input. I heard great things about Banfield as well. However, we're looking for insurance plans that will also cover illness and accidents.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi I’m in the UK so obviously may differ..

We had our late Bishon insured they were great with her, but the older the dog the less they paid out..After 8 you paid access of £100 then 20% of bill due to her age, which came to a pretty penny, but still a lot less then what it could of been..

Ive got the gold standard in the UK for Cooper, which seems to be Petplan, when the Bishon was Ill and we were at the vets the people with petplan Had a lot less issues with vet...
Regards
Thanks for the input. It sounds like Petplan is pretty good in the U.K., but a lot of experiences I heard in the u.s. aren't so good unfortunately.

·
Registered
6 Posts
We are looking at Nationwide Pet Insurance. My parents have the cheaper plan for their beagle and seem to like it. A friend of the family has the full wellness plan for their dog and swears by it. Her dog has a lot of problems and says it covers SO much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Www.Banfield.com
ditto on that cassie on your advice , my boy goes to perkioman vet they have plans, never any issues about bill, would even work out payment plan if needed. great animal loving people.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts