Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...dogs wanting to roll around in cat poop??? Or am I the only one with a crazy dog that likes to do that? Whenever we go for run/walk we will come across an area when there's sand and cat poop. The minute I see him even attempt to roll in it, I pull him away however, he has done in the past then he is covered in it and smelly and guess who has to clean it up...yup, that would be me

·
Registered
181 Posts
They consider it a fine cologne!

Ben rolls in poop. He rolls in random poop on our walks. He saves the cat poop for an afternoon snack.

I have to clean up too.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally Posted By: *silleb*They consider it a fine cologne!

Ben rolls in poop. He rolls in random poop on our walks. He saves the cat poop for an afternoon snack.

I have to clean up too.
Really? Even dog poop? I could have sworn that I catch Coco yesterday about to roll in dog poop which is something he has never done

·
Registered
511 Posts
Rolling around in poo and other smelly things is pretty common. It's possibly a dog’s ancient instinct to mask his scent, which would then enable him to sneak up on their prey without detection. Even if your dog doesn't hunt, she may not appreciate the smells from the shampoo and conditioner after that last bath!

·
Registered
890 Posts
Tucker loves to roll in things, the stinkyer the better. Yesterday he rolled in bird poop. He has rolled on a dead mouse, dog poop, and who knows what else. I call it Chanel for dogs. (see the 5/1/09 daily digital caption contest on beagles-on-the-web. That was the 2nd time I got the runner up spot. I won it a while ago too)

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Ah yes the poop roll! Roscoe is a pro at this, I haven't seen Cole or Gino attempt it yet but they do enjoy the occassional rabbit poop snack! EEEEWWWWW

Makes me laugh everytime they are fussy about certain foods, I always say to them, You can eat poop but you are too good for this food??? LOL

·
Registered
959 Posts
After a bath, both of my boys will chase around the corner to the back yard and roll around and scoot around in the dirt and poop. GRRRRR ...here they smell so good, feel so good, and then we get this habit.Ya, gotta love 'em.

·
Registered
350 Posts
oh yeah! goose and duck poop are my dogs FAVORITES!!!
even tonight.....

·
Registered
786 Posts
Mine two like to roll in/or on Worms. All of a sudden all see them grass diving and run over to try to make them stop, but the worm is no longer living...

It has something to do with there hunting instinct.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Originally Posted By: RosColeI always say to them, You can eat poop but you are too good for this food??? LOL
I said this the other day to JoJo. Something had fallen on the floor and she's usually a hoover when it comes to fallen bits of the kids dinner (or any other snack they're eating). She wouldn't eat it. And my response was very similar to yours. DH got a great kick out of it.

Poop rolling happens here, but typically only after she's had a bath. OR if we go running at the park and there's fresh-cut grass. For some reason, so LOVES to roll around in fresh cut grass, or other poop - but only if it's dried up.

·
Registered
103 Posts
No poop rolling. Just worms and dirt. And the occasional just for the hell of it rolling. This particular incident went on for 15 minutes one day:

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
seems to be the stinkier the better...except one day, i sprayed my perfume in the bathroom and he decided to take a roll in that. I was pretty offended that he found my perfume stinky, but not as offended as my husband who thought I sprayed him with girly perfume.

We gave him a bath at home a couple of weeks back and the first thing he did on his next trip outside was to try to roll in the dirt.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Susi rolled today. The poop was the worst smelling muck we have come across.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Yes Bazel likes to roll around in poop not sure about Millie yet but she likes to eat it , ugg. Charming animals dogs.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Yep, Totti has received many baths for poop rolling- eek!

However, I must admit the funniest thing he ever rolled on was a dead crab. My dad had one leftover from bait when he went fishing and put it on the ground to see what he'd do. We actually put a live crab down one time too and he ran around chasing it and barking at it- I could win America's Funniest Videos had I captured some of Totti's best moments!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
I love the just for the hell of it rolling. Ben rolls around on the area rug in our bedroom every morning when he wakes up. It is pretty cute.

The other day he decided to take a quick roll around in some sand at a playground while we were on our walk.

·
Registered
889 Posts
Our guys love to roll around just for the heck of it, and sometimes because they found something stinky!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.