Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
It depends on the law in your state. Every state has different laws regarding the sale of puppies. It also depends on the contract you signed. When I got Maggie she had Giardia and in reading the "fine print" on my contract it says that Giardia and Coccidia are common in pups and they would not reimburse for treatment.
My friend adopted a pup through petfinder from a "rescue" in another state. When the pup arrived, he was covered in ticks and ill with coccidia. The contract had a clause allowing her to return the dog at her own expense but she couldn't put the poor thing back on the plane. Our vet says the puppy is a puppy mill dog and not a rescue. My friend wanted to file a complaint with petfinder but was afraid to because her contract contained a clause about them taking her puppy back if they felt the home was not a good one. I think that a responsible breeder would pay your bills, but unfortunately there are too many who don't care about their puppies. I will be interested in Glenda's response to this question. She does some breeding but cares very much for her pups. She will probably have some advice for you.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.