Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
First, I hope that Maggie feels better by now.
Secondly, I'm not sure about the liability of the breeder, but usually it's settled in the contract.
I personally think that the breeder should take at least part of the responsibility for her health issues.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Poor Maggie -- I am so glad that she is on the road to recovery! I agree with Joe -- send the breeder the bills (no matter what it says in the contract) along with a letter and also report them. Even if the breeder doesn't "step up to the plate", you will feel better having done what you can to make certain that no one else is put in your situation and that the other beagle pups are not mis-treated.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I'd certainly try getting the breeder to pay at least part of the vet bills. Also, if there's somewhere to report her, I'd do that. I've only had one beagle that I bought from a breeder, and that person called me a few months after we'd bought the puppy to be sure that everything was okay, and that we weren't going to give the puppy up. That gave the fellow a lot of stature in our eyes.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I would definitely report her to someone. I don't know who, but I'm sure there must be some place that deals with these types of issues. And I would definitely try to get her to pay at least half of those bills, even all of them. She sold you a puppy that she knew was sick. That is completely and totally irresponsible on her part. Her first priority should be those puppies and making sure that they are kept healthy, along with their mother. Period.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.