Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ,

Does anyone else have a struggle with “ the scoot “ I am feeding a high fibre dry food as well as added pumpkin to the diet and yet his glands are still needing to Be emptied twice monthly.

Just wondering if anyone has tried anything else that worked ?

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
Do you have a vet express the glands? Twice a month is too often in my opinion..
Feed the best quality food you can afford and don't over feed.
I dont feed my dog kibble because she wont eat it. I feed "Freshpet" dog food that comes in a roll in the refrigerated section of the pet store.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Neb went through a period of needing his anal glands expressed - but it wasn't that often.

That was even with eating bones (which our vet does not recommend to the risk of cracked teeth). Would it worth asking your vet about diets that might help (assuming they don't push diets they sell - tend to be expensive and to me not the best ingredients, in terms of meat not being high up)?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes he eats a very high quality food and the vet is even stumped , stool is good the pumpkin definitely helps but it’s seems like one side just doesn’t drain as well on its own , there’s no infection or anything Ike that.
We adopted him few years back and he has always had this issue.
I just thought maybe some of you had some ideas on a food that helped thanks for listening and sharing your thoughts :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts