Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this might be a fun topic to start. It occurred to me that I've learned a thing or two from my pup and I imagine the rest of us have too. Sooo, I thought a thread on that might be fun to do.

What I've learned from my beagle...

I've learned to stretch when I wake up. In fact, I try to give a stretch whenever I see Diggity stretching. It's a good de-stresser and my back doesn't hurt as much as it used to.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
nice idea

I've learned from Chloe..... probably to sleep more. I probably learned more than that, I just can't think of anything right now...

·
Premium Member
3,458 Posts
What I've learned from Maggie...she has me potty trained! LOL

Now mind you, SHE'S not potty trained yet,
but I'M trained to take her out every hour so she doesn't potty in the house.

·
Registered
983 Posts
What I've learned from Hunter is being a Mom. we have no kids and She is our first puppy, and it kinda felt like the responsibility of a baby at first-potty training, vaccines, getting stuff done while she slept,etc. I know it's not the same,but it felt like it.
Casey has taught me that absolutely nothing is more important than playing. Fetch, tug whatever as long as it's fun,and as long as its with me.

·
Registered
223 Posts
even if you put chocolate in several plastic bags he can still sniff them out, tear up the bag, and eat it up while you are out to dinner.

That same night i learned that my stomach could literally drop to my feet with worry. Thanks, arty!

The next day, i learned how to deal with beagle detox/withdrawal from chocolate. not pretty.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Our two have taught us to forgive. If they can still love humans after what they have been through then we can forgive those who have hurt us.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I have learned how to eat real, real fast and beg for more

·
Registered
605 Posts
I have learned that everyone deserves to be greeted like a friend.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Also, I have really learned the true therapeutic power of having a beagle as a companion. I have always been a fan of pet therapy for hospice patients, lonely people, etc, but after having Arty for a year I have seen the power first hand.

One time my bf and I had a fight over the phone and I was so sad I was crying those big heaving sobs and i just felt like no one understood me and all of a sudden arty came over, licked my face, and put his head in my lap until i felt better. How can you beat that?

·
Registered
147 Posts
i've learned the meaning of unconditional love-no what what i look like,no matter what i've done homer loves me no matter what(and vice versa!).i've learned beagle kisses can make anything better!i've learned i have to stop and smell the roses(while homer smells everything else....lol)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have learned that having a dog is a very serious responsibility.

It's tough waking up in the morning to take the dog out or leaving the office every hour or so for a potty break... But I'm loving every minute of it

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Caesar has taught me to be patient and forgiving.
And to eat it all now because it might not be there later

·
Registered
110 Posts
Maggie has taught me to always be on top of my game!! And no matter how clean you think your house is, there is always something to be chewed

·
Registered
392 Posts
snoopy has taught me patience!! something i lacked before.
but above that she has taught me that there is true joy in finding a way to laugh at life.
in the 2.5 weeks i've had her she has brought so much love and happiness to me and my family - it has made us all better people!!

she is also the ONLY thing i've ever encountered that can get me out of bed with a smile at 6:30am every day to go for a run through dewey grass!

·
Registered
392 Posts
hahaha o ya! and to not leave my clothes on the floor !! (my husband hasn't learned that one yet! :S)

·
Registered
105 Posts
What I learned from my beagle...

...to stick your head out of the car window and feel the wind in your ears..er um hair
...to always see people off to wherever they are going and be joyful and happy when they return
...that running is good, especially if you are running after a squirrel
...and only dig a hole if you intend to get to the other side of the fence

1 - 19 of 19 Posts