Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Chloe had this weird discharge from her privates last night... it was clear and a little gooey. It was hanging like a string when I noticed it, and then I just wiped it and there was a little more coming out and that was it.

BTW - it didn't smell funny.

Any ideas?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Eleanor, I have sometimes seen a similar discharge after Maggie has had a bowel movement. I just wipe it off with a baby wipe and she is good to go. If her bowel movements are normal, I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I've noticed that with Booker from time to time as well - it seems to come and go and has never gotten worse and just goes away so I haven't ever followed up on it. Now I'm curious to know too...

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I talked to a vet friend, and he looked at Chloe and said that if nothing is bothering her and it was just a one-two time episode, it might have been a latent UTI. Just to keep an eye on her and see that she is not urinating ofter (a few drops at a time) and that she is not too bothered with it (licking and messing with her peepee) and that's that.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That happened with Jersey a few weeks ago. I noticed it when she was lying on her back next to me. I wiped it away and haven't noticed anything again since. It didn't seem to be bothering her so I didn't do anything about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts