Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is a pic of Clyde last night, if you can see the pic okay, you'll notice he is climbing out of a briar patch that he ran into after a rabbit.
He does this repeatedly, with tail waggin and howling the whole time. Often comes out with a bloody tongue, chest, stickers all over, etc. But boy is he happy!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
Awwwww! Poor boy! But I'm sure he was just trying to get to the rabbit.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Seriously, when they are after something, I think they become numb to pain!

cool that you caught a pic of it!!

·
Registered
837 Posts
When a dog goes into that drive they aren't using the rational part of their brain, they are using the lower cortex (the medulla) that is responsible for instinct and not rational thought. When using this part of their brain they are running on pure adrenalin, their hearing is all but turned off and all their brain can focus on is chasing the prey (or whatever is putting them in drive). Their pain threshold changes too as they have adrenalin pumping through their body... hence why he can run through all that scrub without feeling hurt

·
Registered
511 Posts
Originally Posted By: SmeagleWhen a dog goes into that drive they aren't using the rational part of their brain, they are using the lower cortex (the medulla) that is responsible for instinct and not rational thought. When using this part of their brain they are running on pure adrenalin, their hearing is all but turned off and all their brain can focus on is chasing the prey (or whatever is putting them in drive). Their pain threshold changes too as they have adrenalin pumping through their body... hence why he can run through all that scrub without feeling hurt
That also describes a few people I know!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts