Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so this guy I do not even know was over and started an arguement over what kind of dog Max was....hello he's my dog i should know. He was adament about the fact that Max isnt a purebreed, he literly argued w/ me for 15 minutes. If he isnt 100% beagle I have no idea what he is lol. What do you guys think?

Max at the tennis courts

Max chilling on the couch

·
Registered
32 Posts
Tell him to wind his neck in! I really do hate it when people take it upon themselves to enforce there misjudged opinions on people. If you bought from a breeder and have relevant paperwork nuf said. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
looks cool to me.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Looks like a beagle to me as well, a very attractive one at that.

·
Registered
667 Posts
wow, he not only looks like a beagle but a beautiful one at that.....

I would have said to the guy...."what the [email protected]* does it matter...I have given him a good home"

Seriously what is the problem with people??? Like it really matters more than the fact that you love him. And he totall looks like a beagle. So many people said my Snoopy has bassett in him then I had to EDUCATE them that there are 13 inch and 15 inch beagles out there and my Snoopy is a 15 incher and I dont care if he is full bread or not....geez like I love him less!!

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Amanda

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
What a handsome BEAGLE. Maybe the guy has never seen a slim beagle before and therefore was confused!!

It is funny but we get waaaayyyy more questions about whether Booker is "really" a beagle than for the other two - I think since her fur is somewhat wavy. The funny thing is she is the only one of the three who actually has papers and IS a purebred - just obviously not from the best lineage (she is our backyard bitch and we love her).

·
Registered
114 Posts
He looks like our Scout. We assume ours is purebred. The mother looked like a puer beagle but the father wasn't there at the time. He didn't get along with one of the other dogs or something. My dad thinks there is some Jack Russell in her since she just never stops. I swear she would run until her legs fell off if she could. We took her to the dog park last weekend and let her in with the big dogs. We think she plays with the bigger dogs at day care so she knows how to act. She loves to be chased, so she had some dogs chasing her. Boy was she smart, she would change directions on a dime and run through groups of people to get away. After about 45 minutes one guy asked how she was still able to run like that. Needless to say, she crashed when we got home.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Unless you bought him from a breeder that certified he was a purebred don't worry about if he is purebred or not...he'll love you just the same /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

On topic of that guy....don't do him the justice of arguing with him.

Abby is a "rare" color purebred beagle being red & white, is slimmer (or well use to be anyway) and longer than the tri-colored show beagles that non-beagle lovers think of when they hear "beagle." Turns out she is what is called a "field" beagle and comes from a long line of beags used for hunting.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Tell him to get a life! I have people ask all the time if Ladybug is purebred because she is more black and white than the traditional tri-color, with brown/red appearing only on ears and face with a touch on her haunches. Guess what - it doesn't matter to me if she is purebred or not! She acts like a beagle, arroos like a beagle and she's a great dog. Your beagle is just beautiful!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Ugh. I hate people like that. Who CARES if a dog is purebred? I grew up with mutts my whole life anyway, and it doesn't matter what breed (or breeds!) the dog is; it does matter what breed the human is (i.e, how they treat the dog).

·
Premium Member
1,632 Posts
Ok, first off, I don't know why someone would argue with you out of the blue like that. Since you asked though, he actually looks like a hound mix to me (not that it matters). He just seems to be thinner than a pure beagle.

This to me looks like a very similar head & snout shape.

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/beagleharrier.htm

It is a Beagle Harrier mix in that picture, actually what I think Spencer might be mixed with because of his height (or Spencer is just a result of poor breeding and that is why he is so tall). They are very similar looking dogs, just a little different shaped head.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I had one person question Duke's lines because he's smaller (13", 22 pounds, which is perfect for a 13" beagle!).

I just said, "Well, he has papers to prove it, but it makes no difference to me because I love him no matter what."

Some people are just ignorant and think that the only good dogs are pure breds (which is complete bumk, as we all know).

I have 2 purebred yellow labs and a coworker of my husbands was over years ago with his very obvious mixed lab-shepard (the dogs ears stood straight up and it had a long, skinny snout). When he saw ours, he asked what they were mixed with. We laughed and pointed him in the direction of our "labrador shelf" which is full of plates and statues of yellow labs that look exactly like ours! Made him look silly, but he thought his dog was what a lab was supposed to look like. Why people even ask the question is beyond me (unless they are being intentionally snarky).

·
Registered
291 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by BeagleBabe:
Abby is a "rare" color purebred beagle being red & white, is slimmer (or well use to be anyway) and longer than the tri-colored show beagles that non-beagle lovers think of when they hear "beagle." Turns out she is what is called a "field" beagle and comes from a long line of beags used for hunting.
Yes. I believe Charlie Mom had someone argue with her about Charlie being a beagle too. She (and I) also have slimmer field beagles who look more like Max than the stockier show beagles. The slim look is a fault in the ring, and is therefore not seen on TV and in books as often as the other look. It's not a big deal though.

Max is definitely cute, and looks like he's from a hunting line to me too.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thank you for your guys opinion. It was just funny I wasnt the one argueing but he just would not stop I was like jeesh just let it go!!!

I could really care less if Max is actually a purebreed or not I love the lil bugger no matter what he is hes not a showdog or anything just my lil snuggly bed bug but it was just the point that he was argueing about it oh well :rolleyes:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Quote:Originally posted by Teri:
Ok so this guy I do not even know was over and started an arguement over what kind of dog Max was....hello he's my dog i should know. He was adament about the fact that Max isnt a purebreed, he literly argued w/ me for 15 minutes. If he isnt 100% beagle I have no idea what he is lol. What do you guys think?
Max is about beagle as you can get and a cool looking one on top of that! :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
1,729 Posts
Oh yes, that sound familiar. This guy whom I do not know in the dog park said Charlie looks different, slimmer, longer and taller than his. "Are you sure he is purebred?" I was hurt and came home without saying anything.
Then I thought, he is mine and I love him, don't mind what people say. But Max looks very purebred to me.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts