Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I was wondering which camera's some of you use? Some of the pics posted here are wonderfully (and adorably) clear and vivid. Even some actions are just fantastic.

Do you use Digital SLRs, regular point & shoot, compact, slim, etc?

(I tend to lose my cameras frequently which means I've gone through a lot over the years but I've had my most recent (Fuji FinePix) for a couple years now. It's a serviceable camera but I might want something new and better. It's just a regular digital point & shoot.)

·
Registered
504 Posts
I use 2 cameras:

Sony Alpha DSLR 10.2 MP with 75mm lens $1,300 (now like $400)
Canon Powershot G9 12.3 mp with 75mm lens (Click and Shoot but SLR capabilities) $900 (now like $500)

Remember, it's not about the camera itself, not the megapixels, it's the lens itself that creates a brilliant photo along with a great eye.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
I have two cameras that I regularly use, both Canons and both digital. My SLR is the Rebel Xti. My point and shoot is a Canon Powershot 720is (Both are discontinued but Canon has newer models of both).

·
Registered
72 Posts
In all of the shots on my Buddy 6 month old post the camera being used is a DSLR. It's the Canon XSI.

Most of those shots would not be possible with a point and shot becuase when i was taking them with my DSLR I was just holding down the button and taking like 4 pics per second.

Most point and shoots you can not do that.

As mentioned above it's not the camera but the LENSE that is most important. You can go out and buy a cheap DSLR for like $300 and put a really good lense on it and you will have the best pictures.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have a Nikon D40 dslr. It's a really great camera and really awesome to learn with. It's probably pretty cheap now too (as far as dslrs go). So if you're looking for a good camera to start off with, I'd say hands down, go with that one!!!

·
Registered
865 Posts
I recently got a Nikon D40 dslr and it is really great! I love it. My digital p&s is a Cannon, don't recall off the top of my head which one, but I don't love it.

I second that the Nikon D40 is a great starter dslr. All of Nikons lenses are interchangeable, so if you move up all your lenses will still work. Other brands may be this way, too - I'm not sure, but I know Nikon is!

·
Registered
847 Posts
It doesn't matter what model you get as long as it's from a well-known manufacturer. Focus (no pun intended) on two things, resolution and optical zoom. Anything for 7MB resolution is fine for most. Even I don't use the highest level of resolution because then the file sizes are too big and eat away at your storage space.

But the single most important factor is the optical zoom. Most cameras have only a 3x optical zoom and maybe a 20 digital zoom. Once you reach the digital zoom your image degrades. I have a Kodak Z712IS with a 12x optical zoom. I bet you can pick that camera up for less then two bills. It also has an optional rechargeable battery that lasts forever!

·
Registered
107 Posts
I wind up taking most of my beagle shots with my iPhone. Not the best photos, quality-wise, but I always have it one me, and get the opportunity to take quick shots when one of them is doing something cute, or just looking cute.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Feel free to laugh after you read this, but keep in mind I'm an old-fashioned person who keeps things like cameras until they are no longer functional. I have a Sony Mavica 2.0 that I bought new in 2001. I find it easy to use and it still works well.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I take a lot of pictures with my blackberry, and I have a Kodak digital camera that's a few years old, don't know much about it. I guess I'm too lazy to change my ways.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
You really want to know about my digital cameras?

<span style="font-weight: bold">Bodies:</span>
Nikon D2Xs (12 mpxl @ 6fps)
Nikon D2H (4 mpxl @ 8 fps)
Nikon D100 (6 mpxl - passed on to my wife)

<span style="font-weight: bold">Lenses:</span>
Promaster 19-35mm f/3.5-4.5 MC
Nikkor AF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 D IF
Nikkor AF 80-200mm f/2.8 D ED
Sigma AF 120-300mm f/2.8 HSM APO EX
Reflex-Nikkor 500mm f/8 N AI-S
Rubinar 500mm f/5.6 MC Reflex
Sigma 1.4x EX APO 1.4x Teleconverter
Tamron 1.4x AFD MC4 Teleconverter
Kenko-Tokina 2x AFD MC7 Teleconverter

<span style="font-weight: bold">Misc:</span>
Nikon SB80-DX Flash
Manfrotto 681B Monopod
Bogen 3405 Tripod
Sekonic L-358 Light meter

I am not going to list all my film gear that is gathering dust in the closet.

I am a former sports photographer, so I collected alot of equipment over the years. Most of it fits in one HEAVY bag... lets not discuss the cost.

Since I closed up shop, I don't shoot nearly as much as I used too.

If you want to see what I used to shoot, go here:
http://www.auriemmaphoto.com

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts
Wow! Impressive! I would love to play with some of those lenses.

Originally Posted By: Joe BeaglesYou really want to know about my digital cameras?

<span style="font-weight: bold">Bodies:</span>
Nikon D2Xs (12 mpxl @ 6fps)
Nikon D2H (4 mpxl @ 8 fps)
Nikon D100 (6 mpxl - passed on to my wife)

<span style="font-weight: bold">Lenses:</span>
Promaster 19-35mm f/3.5-4.5 MC
Nikkor AF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 D IF
Nikkor AF 80-200mm f/2.8 D ED
Sigma AF 120-300mm f/2.8 HSM APO EX
Reflex-Nikkor 500mm f/8 N AI-S
Rubinar 500mm f/5.6 MC Reflex
Sigma 1.4x EX APO 1.4x Teleconverter
Tamron 1.4x AFD MC4 Teleconverter
Kenko-Tokina 2x AFD MC7 Teleconverter

<span style="font-weight: bold">Misc:</span>
Nikon SB80-DX Flash
Manfrotto 681B Monopod
Bogen 3405 Tripod
Sekonic L-358 Light meter

I am not going to list all my film gear that is gathering dust in the closet.

I am a former sports photographer, so I collected alot of equipment over the years. Most of it fits in one HEAVY bag... lets not discuss the cost.

Since I closed up shop, I don't shoot nearly as much as I used too.

If you want to see what I used to shoot, go here:
http://www.auriemmaphoto.com

·
Registered
392 Posts
I use a Canon 5D and either my 50mm f/1.2 or 18-50mm

yayyyyy cameras

i'm impressed - there's a lot of nice gear in this forum !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts