Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1 month: Milk teeth are in and weaning can begin.

1.5 months: Nipping and play fighting, chewing and will have about 70% of adult brain mass present.

2 months - or as soon as you bring your new puppy home: Begin housebreaking and integration with household (including children and other pets). Also, begin talking to your vet about vaccinations and the benefits of spaying/neutering.

3 months: Chasing other animals, thrown objects, and tail. Should also recognize its own name, and has 90% of adult brain mass present.

4 months: Should respond to come.

5 months: Puppy training classes can begin after vaccinations are completed - ask your vet about the best time to start. Also, for small breed dogs (up to 20 pounds at maturity) they should be approaching their height and weight.

6 months: Fetching; toys remain important through adulthood. Can respond to heel, down, sit, stay, and fetch. Sexual maturity for small breeds as well.

7 months: Milk teeth are lost; permanent teeth are in.

8 months: Puppy can be expected to hold elimitation for about 8 hours (although some may already holder longer by now).

9 months: Puppy training classes complete.

12 months: Approaching adult height adn weight for large breeds (more than 50 pounds at maturity).

18 months: Sexual maturity for some large breed dogs. Approaching social maturity, adult behavior (all dogs).

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thanks for the time line!
Milo is approaching 6 months and still has some baby teeth, which is concerning me as one canine adult is growing side by side with the baby. Your post states they should all be gone by 7 months so I will give it a few more weeks until I see a vet.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sometimes the pups will lose more then one baby tooth at once!
Keep an eye on that adult tooth that is growing next to the baby, make sure it isn't getting swollen or infected. But, the timeline of course isn't exact! But, it was true for all of my pups. Let me know if you have any more questions.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.