Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello. i picked up a stray beagle last night in the middle of nowhere. it was freezing rain, and i just couldn't leave her there! i canvassed the area, everyone i spoke to said she'd been roaming for the last week or 2. collarless, of course. they suspected she'd been dumped. i hate the thought of someone just throwing away any animal. but here in rural illinois, it happens sooo often. my animal control officer neighbor guy scanned her. no chip. i'm putting an ad in the paper monday. i'd love to get her back to her owner, if they want her. of course, if no one claims her, i'll be happy to keep her myself!! she's such a sweet thing. we're calling her Annabelle. she got a bath and a flea collar today, and is asleep on the bed as we speak.

·
Registered
889 Posts
That's great!!
There have been a couple of times we would have ended up with another one if I could have coaxed them into the car. LOL

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Thank you for taking care of Annabelle. It's sad that people dump helpless animals, but it seems no matter how hard we try to educate them, it just doesn't take for some folks.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
and thank you for taking Annabelle (great name
)

Personally, I hope the owner will not be found and you get to keep her. I can't imagine my dog wondering around for 2 weeks and no one even knows (animal control, etc.).

·
Registered
22 Posts
Annabelle is so lucky to have been found in the freezing rain in the middle of nowhere. I really hope you get to keep her. Pictures of her would be nice too!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
to you and Annabelle! Tons of kudos to you for providing a safe haven for Annabelle. If she has a loving family who is looking for her, then I hope there is a happy reunion but I suspect that you and Annabelle are together for keeps. Please be sure to provide us with updates.

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
A big welcome to beagle world. Thank you so much for rescuing Annabelle, I also hope you keep her. The poor little thing has had a traumatic time and now has a warm home.

·
Registered
320 Posts
That's great news that you found her. Not so great news that she was just left like that. We didn't find Zelda ourselves, but the lady we got her from found her and the rest of the litter she was from just left outside on one of the most humid summer days.

It's great that you're so open to keeping her if that ends up being the case (which sounds like it is).

You have to post pictures soon!!

Sweet name as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i'm hoping i get to keep her! my town is very small...and with the huge number of hunters in our area, it seems that if someone was missing her there'd be an ad in the grocery store or paper or something. funny thing, she so badly wants to be friends with the cats but they're not too thrilled quite yet.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Howdy - Hoping for Annabelle sake she gets to stay with you! At least my rescue was tied to tree near the kill shelter I got him from. Do keep us informed. Thank you for Annabelle!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts