Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a good vacation. The meet up was great. It was great meeting everyone and their beags. My parents were sorry they could not make it. I still have to edit my pics, but the calendar comes first... SORRY! I will get to them all soon.

Summer and Murphy did great at my parents and Sanibel Island, but they both misbehaved on the last day at Universal Studios. Summer nipped a woman who was on her morning run. No blood, but she made contact with her teeth. I was not there, my wife was beside herself. She said Summer gave no warning. Lucky for us, the runner is a dog lover and understands. Murphy was up to a different kind of trouble. We had a small refrigerator in our room. Inside it was leftovers: 4 VERY large chicken strips and a bag with 6 sausages. Beside the fridge was a box with leftover pizza. We came back that evening to find the pizza box empty, the fridge open and also empty. A very guilty looking Summer on the bed, and a very BATTLESHIP shaped Murphy with a look that said "What?" We now know for sure that he CAN open doors. With all that food in him, you know what he was like on the 17 hour drive home. Yikes.

Overall the vacation was good.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Glad you had a good vacation.

Also glad you and Murphy survived the ultimate beagle owner's nightmare: the beagle who knows how to open the refrigerator!

Lucy was in training as an assistance dog at one time, and was being trained to open a frig using a towel looped through the door handle. I always wondered about the wisdom of that....

Hopefully, Murphy won't learn to open the BIG refrigerator.... :p

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome back.... sounds like you had an eventful vacation... I hope that Murphy's belly is better now, and that Summer is back on being good :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Welcome back!

I'm sorry but I have to laugh at the thought of driving in a car for that long with a gassy beagle /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Glad you had a fun trip.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Welcome home to BW!! It was great seeing you and Frani and the pups. Wonder what made Summer nip -- thank goodness she picked on someone who was understanding and Murphy ... well, what is there to say --- he is all beagle! Looking forward to pics and calendar.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Glad to hear that you all made it home safe and sound (and a little smelly /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif )

Looking forward to the calendar and your meet up pics !!!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts
Welcome home. Certainly sounds like an eventful trip!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

·
Premium Member
1,827 Posts
Hi Joe

Sounds like Summer and Murphy kept you both on your toes. Life is always an event with a beagle, you never know what they will do next!

Hope you had a good trip despite Summers nip and Murphys piggin out session.

Welcome back!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sure sounds like an adventure Joe!

Can't wait to see the pics. Sounds like little Murphy has the best vacation yet /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

·
Registered
650 Posts
Had to use the 4/60 (4 windows/60 mph) air conditioning on the way home, did we??? LOL.. Glad you all made a safe trip back. I wanted badly to go to the Tampa meeting, but three beagles in a small truck for any length of time isn't such a good idea. Sounds like you all may need to put a type of child safety (in this case Murphy safety) locking device on the fridge at home! ;-).

·
Registered
582 Posts
It was great to meet you guys, and we're glad you made it home safe. Give Murphy and Summer belly rubs from us.
Can't wait to see your picture! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Glad you made it home safely. The story about the beags and the opened and emptied refrigerator is hilarious. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif I'm sorry I just can't help laughing at the picture you described.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts