Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have scheduled our Florida vacation for 11/16-24. We will be in the Tampa area from 11/16-20. The rest will be in Universal Studios Orlando through Thanksgiving.

We were thinking about having the 2nd Annual Beagle World Meetup on Sunday, 11/18, at Honeymoon Island. Anyone interested or have better suggestions?

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will request the day off now! Honeymoon Island is a gorgeous beach. It's a bit of a walk to get there from the parking lot, but it's well worth it. Jersey's pic on the BW calendar was taken there. The only bad thing is that it's not off leash.

The weather should be nice that time of year. It's usually in the 70's around Thanksgiving. That's when it's a good thing to live in Florida!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh yeah! We went to Orlando yesterday for Jersey's 2nd Annual Birthday Bash (pictures to be posted soon!). We met at a place called Friends of Fleet People's Park. It's very nice. Pavilions to eat at, bbq pits, picnic benches and a beach on the pond (no gators were seen although there were warning signs). It was really a very nice place. The Orlando Beagle Meet-Up group meets there a couple of times a month. I highly suggest going if you have time. It's not too far from Universal. Maybe 15-20 minutes.

Here's a link to their website. Friends of Fleet People\'s Park

The only weird thing is that it's only off leash at certain times. Check out their rules. We had to go after 4 p.m., but I think that only applies on holidays and weekends.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
If I remember correctly I've been to honeymoon island a few times.

Baby Béla should be about 4 months old then, maybe if I can find someone to drive with me the girls, BB Abby and I will come down to visit for a long weekend. I've been wanting to come down to see family anyway /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm marking the date on my calendar now!! I've never been to Honeymoon Island but remember Jen saying how nice it is. Jen -- do you think it is too far for Mags to walk (since she is only walking about 4-5 house lengths at the most on her more energetic outings)? If she is doing well, I would love to bring her, even if we only stay a short while.
Jamie -- YES!!!! You have to come -- if I know enough in advance, I could ask for that Friday or Monday off so we could get together outside of the Sunday event. Now I'm doubly excited! :woohoo:

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Judy, it would be great if you could bring Maggie. It's quite a hike out to the beach area. A bit farthur than 4-5 houselengths. It might be a bit much for her. Do you think she'd be OK if we put her in a stoller or wagon, something like that, to bring her out there in?

Jamie, it would be great if you could come down with Abby and Baby Bela'! Your family is right here in Holiday, right? Maybe we could get the girls together at the dog park here too.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
I'm going to talk to Béla when he gets home and see what he says. If he can't manage to take a long weekend from work I'll ask my mother if she'd like to go down for a long weekend.

Jen~I have family in Holiday, Hudson and Tampa. We'd most likely stay in Hudson at my sister's house.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jen -- one of my co-workers has a stroller for her Maltese -- not sure what the maximum weight is for her stroller but, hopefully, Maggie would fit. Am sure she would lend it to me for the weekend. She's the only person I know who has a dog stroller. Not sure Maggie would stay in a wagon and I'd be concerned that she would fall out, especially if walkway is bumpy. Car ride is a bit over an hour from here but don't think that would be a problem for Mags -- she still likes riding in the car, especially if we don't end up at the vet!

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Yeah !!!! Sammy and I are there !!! that is a Sunday but the Bucs are out of town and I can DVR the game for later .....

It's on our calendar !!! We look forward to seeing you guys and it would be so cool to meet your gang Jamie !!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts