Our Beagle World Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry i didn't get any pics, i had the camera and everything, but left it in the truck.

But either way when i got there i was greeted by three adult beagles! they was good looking fellas.

Of course i heard the AROO!! before i even finish ringing the door bell! lol I was talking to the fella that owns all of these dogs and we walked to the bedroom that had all of the pups. They had their Own room! lol

there was 6 pups in total, he said 2 was male and 4 was female. we pulled them out of the crate they was in, it was a really large crate so the pups and mother could sleep in there. they started waking up and doing typical puppies thing, then they started walking around and started playing alittle, while they was walking around and playing i was watching them to see how acted, one was the total dominate type, acouple was really shy, and three of them started coming toward me to investigate. well, i sat down on the floor to relax while i watched them and talk to the owners, and one of the female pup just walked up and climbed into my lap and layed down looking around the room! I petted her some and she got down and layed beside my hand and started licking it and just hanging out with me. All this time all of the other dogs either started sleeping again or was still playing. That is when i realized that this was the puppy for me! She has a 3 white spots on her back, one in front of the tail, one in the shoulder blade area, and one right between her eyes! She is mostly black with alittle brown trim on the black spaces.

So i pretty much told the guy that this is the dog for me, don't let anyone get her! So she is being held for me and come Sept, 22nd i will pick up the pup and she will come home with me!

Now how do i come up with a female name, I had afew male names already picked out! lol

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
Congrats... in 3 weeks when you get her and bring her home, it will be so clear to you and you'll know exactly how to name her!!!! :happyhappy:

·
Registered
650 Posts
I don't think that you could have asked for a better way to pick out a puppy. There was somethnig about you that drew her to you-probably meant to be! Congrats and get ready for years of happiness with your new friend!

·
Registered
147 Posts
congrats!!i am so jealous /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif from the way you described her white spots i think Dottie would be a cute name-can't wait to see some pics!!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Puppies!!!!!

I just talked to Hubby this afternoon. He said he *might* want to get another puppy soon.

Then later this evening he failed to realize that might means yes to his wifey :rotflmao: !

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i can't wait, come October i will be going camping and hunting, so she is going to get a small taste of camping life!

It won't be til the end of Oct, so by then she will have her shots, and when i go hunting she will stay with the owner of the place as they are really nice folks. figured she wouldn't be ready for gun shots nearby.

Can't wait, it is going to be so much fun!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Oh how exciting. I love the energy in a house that has a new puppy. At least in our house it is a lot more fun when a new soul has come to reside with us, even if it is very temporary as we have fostered some dogs in the past.

As for naming your new little one...well I thoroughly enjoy that process as well. I look at street signs, building names, baby name books, the internet, and anywhere else you can think of to try out new and unique names. Unfortunately most of my animals were named before they came to my home so I have only had the fun of it a couple of times.

I will say that I thought Little Man Tate was going to be such a unique name for our youngest pup, having come from an old movie with Jodie Foster, but as I registered him through the AKC they have added a V on the end of his name which would tell me that he must be the 5th dog with that exact name. Who else in their right mind would name a dog after a movie? Oh well, maybe I am not as crazy as I thought.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yay on the new pup! The name will definitely come to you once you get her home and see how she interacts. I named Baxter after the dog in the movie Anchorman haha. I always wanted a Beagle and I thought Baxter would fit perfectly for a Beagle. The minute I saw all the pups run out and Baxter was the first pup to run up and greet me I knew in my heart that he was mine! :heart: I started calling him Baxter right away and the more he grew the more the name fitted him. Good luck with the pup and post pics soon! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

·
Banned
32,140 Posts
How exciting -- no excuses for the pics from your next visit! We (BWers) are always up for making name suggestions. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif One suggestion at this point -- you might want to stay away from names based on her present coloring. We have had a couple of threads that show how drastically coloring can change as our beagles grow up.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know all about the color change! lol

Actually me and a lady was talking and i said i wanted a southern name for her, as i am a big country boy type.

well she said Dixie, then i said Southern Bella, then we looked at each other and said Dixie Bella!!!

When i write her name on the paper it will have a line across the a. and when we call her, we will say dixie bell!

I thought it was a good name for a Beagle here in the south!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts