Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to Puppy Burger: Fence window redux

Our back yard fence came with a cut-out "window" near the bottom so that the meter man could look through and read the listing without having to come into our yard. As some may remember from a post I made a couple of months ago, I blocked off the window with wire so that Spock, when he was smaller, couldn't wriggle out and make a run for it and to prevent possible injury from interaction between him and neighbors/cars/animals.

Today, I walked out into the back yard to find that the old wiring I'd strung over the window had come out. It's been really nice weather today, so the dogs have been in and out of the house since they got up, and a lot of our neighbors have been out working on yards, riding bikes, walking, and walking their dogs in the alley behind our house - plenty of excitement for two young dogs. Somehow in that busy-ness, one of the dogs (I suspect strongly that it was Bones) or even one of the humans assisted the "temporary" part of that temporary wire net; I found the wire stretched out and twisted beyond recognition under the futon that's on the porch and Bones sitting at the hole with her head and neck completely out the window, baying full volume at a duck (I saw it through the cracks between fence slats). Naughty puppy.

After taking a few pictures (as seen below), I took some nails and the wire and a slew of tools and put up new wiring, though I wasn't able to make it as strong this time: the reinforcing wood around the hole started falling apart (some reinforcement!), and I only had brads left to work with from my box of assorted nails. I thought I did an ok job, though, pulled on my construction a few times to make sure it was secure, and went about my day.

I went outside just a few minutes ago to turn off the water hose that the pups had turned on and discovered that the new wire over the window is gone, too! Some of the nails are still in place, but the wire is nowhere to be seen. I have to try new tactics now, because that is clearly not working!

The puppies were so cute hanging out, though.

"Welcome to Puppy Burger, home of the Puppy Burger. This is Bones. Can I help you?"

Oh, you'd like to see the manager? Ok, I'll get him. This is Mister Spock, he can take care of you.

Along the main hallway of our home, my boyfriend and I are starting a photo wall. There are photos of him and me, artwork of our portraits by a friend, and another friend's photography; he says the next thing to go up will be those portraits of the puppies. We'll get them printed in black and white and framed up nice and pretty on our wall!

And here are a couple of bonus images I took off the camera at the same time.

Bones is such a daddy's girl. Also notice on her inside leg there where she and Spock went at it a little too rough last night, and also where somebody took out her own spay stitches. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/nono5.gif

Spock gets cozy with the Xbox controller. If they had opposable thumbs, we'd be in trouble.

·
Banned
5,083 Posts
Re: Welcome to Puppy Burger: Fence window redux

That are wonderful! He's got an awesome personality, and great captions! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/thumbup2.gif

·
Premium Member
1,667 Posts

Those pics are so adorable even if they did pull apart your handy work on the fence.

·
Banned
32,140 Posts

Those are great pictures. They will look fabulous in B&W and framed. Smart little buggers you got there. I'm sure that the wire over the fence hole just wansn't convenient for them. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eyes.gif

·
Registered
1,163 Posts

Wow, what great photos! Your dogs are gorgeous.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts

Beautiful pictures. Thank you for making me laugh!

·
Banned
4,444 Posts

Really enjoyed those photos, the first two are fantastic.

·
Registered
865 Posts

That is so cute!! I got quite a giggle out of that this morning!! Thanks!!

·
Banned
32,140 Posts

... and what a coincidence that there's a beagle (or a hound, at least) in the petpeek ad!

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Haha, I was actually wondering if there was a product such as that somewhere! I'll talk to my boyfriend about it tonight, though maybe he'll just suggest we install some plexiglass.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts