Our Beagle World Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Oliver is nearly 2 and has been successfully potty trained for about a year now. About 2 weeks ago, he peed on my dirty clothes that were on the floor waiting to go into the wash while I was in the other room. I thought it was a fluke and ignored it since I hadn't caught him right away. Then, the next day, just after I had let him back inside after being out to do his business, he peed all over a book in my office. I yelled at him and shook my bottle with rocks in it at him and put him in his crate for about 20 min and then let him outside again. This seemed to do the trick for about 2 weeks until last night. When I woke up this morning there was a HUGE pee stain all over my down comforter. I had slept right thru it and I usually wake up when he or my other dog ask to go out. Is he being naughty or could there be a medical issue? And if it is just naughtiness, what is causing this now? Any help would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Hi there! I know this might sound strange, but are the things that Oliver is peeing on black (or dark coloured)? My Penny is 99.9% potty trained, but we have found that she couldn't resist peeing on anything black! We had a black mat, which we have now removed and just recently we put down a black blanket (not having made the connection to black) on our dogs' day bed - and she peed on that - any other colour doesn't have the same effect. Now that we have removed these items, she is 100% - I know!!! I said it might sound strange !!!

·
Registered
889 Posts
I also agree with checking for the UTI. We're also dealing with an odd pee issue with our 4yr old beagle. We don't think his is a UTI issue but that's the first thing our vet checked.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi...yes, I agree with the UTI check answer, but my 1 year old beagle is housetrained but still pees in our basement on and off. He does it when I am not paying attention to him. It is a defiance thing. I'm sure of it, because he always pees right where we can find it. We just take him downstairs and show him the spot and say no! And it usually works...I don't like to put my beagle in his crate when he is bad because it would make him want to go into it less when we need to leave or when we go to bed. Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.